What did they do with other bumpers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcho3, Jul 23, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Yes, I understand that these cases are free. And yes, I understand that it's up to apple to choose what cases we should get for free. But, What the hell?
    Why aren't these colored bumpers available yet? Is apple trying to stack these cases up before they ship out? Excuse me, apple. But, 3-5 weeks should be plenty of times for you guys? I mean, if they want to make it 3-5 months, then fine. But, why aren't these colored bumpers AVAILABLE? With white iphone 4 being delayed once again, apple is either really racist on other colored bumpers or they are just facing another challenge on making colored bumpers beside white???

Thank you apple. I just want to get white bumper. Now, it's not available for order and I cannot even order through my iphone app. I hate u.

2. kyleb822 macrumors member

kyleb822

I talked to Apple customer service on the phone. They said hold off on doing anything for now if you want a colored bumper. They will be updating things in a few hours and they would contact you if you call them when the colored ones are available for free

3. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

THANK YOU! You must have gotten very nice rep. I called apple CS and they told me that they have no clue because their majesty Steve jobs hasn't told them anything yet.

4. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

My guess is that they'll ship black bumpers until they run out, then you'll get a random one. They're under no obligation to offer a colour choice, really.

5. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Just got off the phone with Steve Jobs.

He told me that the factories are only producing black bumpers right now because of the free bumper program. He then quoted Henry Ford saying "You can have it any color you like, as long as it's black."

Trying to make and give color choices is going to slow down the free case/bumper program.