What Did You Do to Your 9.7'' iPad After You Got the Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seasurfer, Nov 14, 2015.

1. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

For those who got the iPad Pro and had the older iPads, what did you guys do with the older iPad?

I realized that my iPad Air 2 is just sitting there collecting dust.

2. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I actually pick up my iPad Air 2 more often than my pro. It's much easier to handle and type on.

Any quick and simple tasks are done on the air. It feels perfect in he hand.

The pro is used when I want to watch media or I settle in for a longer session with it.

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

My air 2 will be my out the house iPad. The pro will stay at home.

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Debating selling my Surface Pro, iPad 3, and iPad Air on Swappa soon. Might spring for a Mini 4 for ebook reading, but not sure yet.

I still prop up the Air on the bathroom counter when I'm getting ready for work, and on the treadmill when I run... the Pro is too big/pretty/new to do that with. :)

5. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I haven't decided on getting the Pro yet, but I'm strongly considering it. If I do, my iPad Air will be a Xmas gift to my sister.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Trying out the Pro made it very apparent my iPad Air 2 was the ideal tablet for me.

The Pro is a bulky monster that is great for those that need it, not just want it, and it's horrid for those that don't.

Apple's return process never looked so good. :D

7. Droobiemus macrumors newbie

My iPad Air 2 is now my bedroom tablet. I've pretty much replaced my retina MacBook Pro with my iPad pro for browsing on the couch.

8. bizzy045, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015

bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

I have an air 2 as well as a mini 4. Use the pro in my home office and on the couch. Use the air 2 in the bedroom. Use the mini 4 when I'm out and have to wait somewhere for a while . Lot of times my wife puts the mini 4 in her purse and uses out and about.

9. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Only had the Pro for a day so a bit too early to judge. The Pro feels like a bit
    of a gimmick and I don't yet feel comfortable with it. Pencil and keyboard on
    order but could be weeks before I get them so that takes the edge off the Pro. Just feels like a big iPad so not sure if I'll keep it. Can't beat the Air 2
    for overall usability. If I stick with the Pro I'll still keep the Air as Pro is only
    wi-fi and Air has cellular.

10. CC117 macrumors 6502

CC117

Sold it (air 2) a few weeks before getting the pro. Had my mini 4 to keep me company :)

11. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

My iPad Air 2 128gb is my backup iPad. It sits on a stand next to my bed and will stay there as a information center and Siri use.

12. joefrank64k macrumors regular

I'll either give my Air 2 to my mom, if she wants it, or selling it. The Pro is now my primary iPad.

13. nrubenstein macrumors 6502

My Air went to a friend.

I might upgrade the mini next year. Probably not, though. It has a very limited use case for me.

14. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

Regular ipad gone to wifey :)

I find im missing a couch/bed ipad now. Pro way too big. Might order a mini.

15. ExcelsiorActual macrumors newbie

My iPad Air was gifted to my in-laws as a bribe / tactic in order to warm my wife up to the idea of my getting my iPP.
    Sleazy move? -Maybe
    Did it work? -Yep! :D

16. Nhwhazup, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I am selling my iPad Air to my son-in-law's family. I keep my Apple products in good shape and they are usually waiting for them when I get ready to upgrade.

17. uwdude macrumors 6502a

Yesterday Apple gave me a $225 Apple gift card for my Air 2. Gazelle only quoted me $175. So I purchased a pencil, and almost have enough left to get the keyboard when I can find one.

18. Nolander07, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016

Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

I let my 11 and 9 year old kids share my iPad 4 for games mostly. I love the big screen of the Pro.

19. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Same here. I'll keep it as a backup, but I don't see myself ever going back to using it regularly.

20. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I'm keeping my iPad mini. It's still my portable device when I'm out and about, while the pro is for when I'm sitting at a desk and I want to be able to write. Or when I'm lecturing to a class.

21. kjm18 macrumors 6502

kjm18

Girlfriends getting my Air 2 once my Pro arrives tomorrow or Monday, selling her iPad Air 1 probably to Apple to get a gift card