What Did You Want in This Year's iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guzhogi, Oct 5, 2011.

1. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

I've seen a lot of posts saying how the iPhone 4S is an awful update/upgrade. What would you have wanted in the upgrade and why? As I've said in various threads, with me, always assume positive intent. When I say or ask something, it's always my honest, respectful opinion so please don't take any of what I say as mean spirited.

How many of you would have been happy with the same innards (CPU, camera, antennas, etc.), but different case?

Bigger screen? If so, how big? 4 inches? 4.5?

4G connectivity?

I'd also like to know WHY you need/want it. I've seen a lot of posts saying "Well this company's phone has this feature, why doesn't the iPhone?" I'm okay with some people only caring about comparing tech specs on paper. Not to be rude, just honest question, but why would a 4.5" screen be better for you than the iPhone's current screen?

Personally, I'm fine with the current case. I'm more function over form. As long as the antennas work & I can make & receive calls & surf the web, I don't mind the case as it is.

I don't know how I'd feel about a bigger screen. I'd have to play around with it. Not sure whether I'd like the same resolution on a bigger screen or a higher one. Both ways have their pros & cons (either bigger pixels or developers need to update the graphics).

As for 4G, faster speeds would be nice, but I hear it really drains the battery. On the front page of MR today, there was an article about how a Qualcomm 4g/LTE chip will come out in Q2 of 2012 that'll save power. Maybe then. Besides, how good are the 4G networks right now? Would I be able to get a 4G connection when I visit my grandmother in Arkansas? Even then, 3G is fast enough for my current needs. What my needs will be in a year when my current contract expires, I don't know. I'll have to wait & see.

For camera, higher quality is always better. I'm no expert photographer, but I'd like to take a few pictures of family, print them out on 8 x 10s or something and not look like junk. As I said, I'm no expert photographer, but I think good quality means more than the amount of megapixels.

As for CPU, I'm happy the iPhone 4s received an A5. More powerful than the A4 and the iPhone is now in line with the iPad. Should make developing apps a bit more streamlined.

2. Schweitzer macrumors regular

The most important thing for me was a fix for the "nonexistent" antenna problem.

It would be super ridiculous if it turned out they didn't fix this "nonexistent" disaster.