What do geniuses use to inspect iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jk000, Aug 5, 2009.

1. jk000 macrumors regular

jk000

I know that Apple geniuses use a certain application to look inside at the data of the iPhone, call drops, restarts, crashes etc.

What is the application called?

Does anyone know if it can be downloaded somewhere?

Thanks

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

They use a bunch of different in-house internet, all copyrighted to the Genius Bar and Apple. I know they have a battery analysis application that looks at the data in the Battery portion of the System_Profiler.app, but apart from that, I don't know. They also run basic diagnostic tools, like TechTools Deluxe from AppleCare, and the general ways of looking through your iPhone (like DFU mode, restores, manual settings, etc.)

There's no way you're gonna be able to find it online, any Apple employee would get fired immediately for distributing it.

3. weeman macrumors 6502

I doubt it's possible to find a copy anywhere but I do know the application they use is called behavior scan.

4. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure all that data is available from the various log files...either on the phone or the computer.

Someone could conceivably write their own app to read that data and just format it nicely.

5. davidmess macrumors newbie

Something tells me that apple won't approve it. They didn't approve Free Memory 1.5 because it showed system info that apple didn't want released

6. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

True, but what if you released it as a jailbroken app through cydia? I'd imagine it has some potential.