What do I do about iphone 6 plus and Best Buy Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sheemmd, Oct 27, 2014.

1. sheemmd macrumors newbie

Hello all,

My original plan was to trade into sprint my iphone 5 toward the 6 plus space grey. At a certain time, I couldn't get it, and sprint told me at anytime they could change the trade price of $200. So at the time I didn't want to miss that deal and instead traded my 5 into best buy mobile. Got a $225 gift card.

So now I find out you can't preorder the plus, and they don't know when they will get them in. I check online and two stores for sprint have the 6 plus. I regret not waiting. So I can't get $225 in cash from Best Buy, should sell the card on ebay or craigslist and use that just to go directly through sprint. Or should I just wait until best buy gets the six plus and hold onto the gift card. I called six best buy mobile stores and they don't know. I will never do this again and just go through sprint next time. Thanks.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

3. sheemmd thread starter macrumors newbie

So you think I should sell it? Thanks!

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Only you know how long you want to wait. You will take a hit on the gift card, but it can be done. I would sell off the card myself and go with the carrier you want but my prior phone was broken and I needed one sooner rather than later.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Selling it would loose money as you could not sell for it full value.

That is up to you. If you do not want to go through this again, selling would be your best option.

6. paulgandersman macrumors regular

Keep an eye on:

http://www.istocknow.com

I ended up finding my 6+ at a Best Buy Mobile in San Antonio (1.5 hrs from me), called them and they held it.

7. PocketRocketGQ macrumors newbie

PocketRocketGQ

You can buy a Best Buy pre-paid visa gift card, with the trade-in gift card. All you pay is a $5.95 activation fee and it works like a regular credit/debit card except you can't get cash back. Hope that helps you out.

8. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Cant he then bring it to his bank to cash out? Some will do that.

9. PocketRocketGQ macrumors newbie

PocketRocketGQ

It might be possible. I know that it states that if used as debit it wont give cash back on the back of the card.

10. sheemmd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. I did call my bank and they can't do that. I think I will just wait. I learned my lesson. I also tried idevice checker and it said three sprint stores had the plus in stock 64 gb. Called them and they only had the 16 gb in stock. Not sure how accurate it is.

Maybe around black friday they will get some. I did put it online and someone offered $100 in cash plus I am including a %15 percent off coupon off any best buy items. Guess I will lose money if I sell it third party. Sitting tight right now.

11. sheemmd thread starter macrumors newbie

Sold the card. Now just ordered through apple the plus. Should get here soon. Thanks.

12. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

3-4 weeks soon for the 6 plus?

13. sheemmd thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that's what they are saying. I called apple again today lol. I was told they are shipping faster somewhat. Can't wait to get it.

14. GrecoISU macrumors member

This is the exact problem I'm having... $225 for my iPhone 5 from the Best Buy trade-in program. The problem? They don't have any and won't hold it if you call or put your name on any kind of a list. I was first in line at Best Buy on launch morning. They didn't get one. I still don't have one. I would love to sell my phone but it has a HORRIBLE battery issue (my serial isn't included in the recall) so I would feel slightly bad selling it. Amazon is offering over $200 but again in gift cards.

Not quite sure what to do either. I have one on order through AT&T right now but isn't scheduled to ship until almost December or shortly after.

15. sheemmd thread starter macrumors newbie

Check now online because they have some in stock last time I checked. This morning. If all else fails, get it directly through apple.

16. Mulley2472 macrumors regular

There was a post mentioning watching istocknow to find iphone 6 availability at best buy mobile. I don't see that as an option on the istocknow website? If there is an easier way to check best buy iphone 6 stock for att please someone let me know. I know on there website you can check 6 plus but not 6 availability.