What do I do first?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Audrey313, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Audrey313 macrumors member

Ok about to take my new iPod Touch out of package. So, should I charge completely before using or use until it needs to be charged? I've searched this and found answers both ways so not quite sure which way to go. I obviously want to do whatever is best for it.

Thanks in advance for advice!

2. celticpride678

Best thing to do is discharge completely and allow it to charge up again.

3. dhlee528 macrumors member

Return it and wait for couples days and get ipod touch 4th gen

4. Audrey313 thread starter macrumors member

It was the free one with the back to school promotion so I can't...but I would if I could! I wish they overlapped...

5. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Sell it on eBay and buy the new one.

6. Audrey313 thread starter macrumors member

How big a hit do you take when you do that? I paid the extra $100 to get the 32 gb. I haven't opened it yet, so should I? My luck would be that I sell it and then something is wrong with it and I end up in an even worse position! I actually got one, opened it, and the speaker was terrible so I exchanged it.

I haven't even heard what the new Touch is supposed to bring to the table. So any info or advice on this eBay bit would be appreciated!

7. unr1 macrumors regular

if you don't sell your touch now, you will regret it
    sell it, buy a new one. Even if you end up paying a bit more it's worth it

unless you don't care about 2 cameras, a faster processor, better screen, etc.

8. Audrey313 thread starter macrumors member

How much do you suggest I sell it for? It is a 32 gb that I paid the extra $100 for. Is eBay the way to go?

9. unr1 macrumors regular

you don't sell it for a price. You start it at 1 dollar and watch it go up and up.
    It will sell for whatever it's worth. Make sure to say it's brand new, never used.

Post pictures of it so buyers can see what they are getting. Promise fast shipping after payment.

you should get a good amount. If it's 200 bucks new you'll be able to sell it for at least 170
    edit: I see you have a 32GB so not sure how much they got for new. 300? Get at least 260 out of it.

10. dhlee528 macrumors member

try craigslist first to avoid fee

try something like $250+ and if not start going lower..

11. unr1 macrumors regular

that's a good point. Just be prepared for low ballers and potential scammers. Play it safe and you can get a good buyer and save on eBay fees.

12. Link2999 macrumors 6502

You should be able to sell it for $275 Buy it Now no problem, if that doesn't go well $265 should do it.