What do i do first?

tyranical

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I've just got an iphone 4, I want it jailbroken.

I haven't yet plugged it into my comp to sync it or anything, it is activated as they did that in store.

What do i do first? Attach it to comp then jailbreak or jailbreak then attach to comp or what? i'm confused.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Go to jailbreakme.com, slide to jailbreak and just be patient. Other then that, nothing really. Go to the link on SAFARI on your iPhone. :)

MCRunning

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Yes, go to jailbreakme.com and it is pretty straightforward. I would be amazed if you messed up somehow :eek:

tyranical

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
You've misunderstood.

Do I need to connect my phone to my computer first so that it is registered with itunes (they activated it in the shop, but its never been plugged into my computer before) or do I jailbreak it first and then plug it into itunes to register it to my computer?

It is completely new its got no apps, phonecalls, texts, nothing on it at all.

MCRunning

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
You've misunderstood.

Do I need to connect my phone to my computer first so that it is registered with itunes (they activated it in the shop, but its never been plugged into my computer before) or do I jailbreak it first and then plug it into itunes to register it to my computer?

Activate it first then go to the website

tyranical

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
It is activated already they activated it in the store, its just not specifically been registered to my computer.

MCRunning

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
It is activated already they activated it in the store, its just not specifically been registered to my computer.
Just hook it up to your computer and sync it. Backup your phone in case something goes wrong then go to the site and jailbreak it

Hydrocity

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2010
It doesn't matter. I would just sync it and put on your music and apps. Then make a backup. Then do the jailbreak me thing

bloody

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
You've misunderstood.

If there's nothing on it, It doesn't matter what order you do it in.

tyranical

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
is 4.0.1 worth having or is it just that **** about making the signal bar more accurate? I like it telling me I have full signal even if its not true! lol. Apart from that does it add anything? are there apps or jailbroken stuff that only works with 4.0.1?

If its just the signal thing and its not going to inconvenience me i don't think i'll bother

Turkeywrap

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
South Florida
is 4.0.1 worth having or is it just that **** about making the signal bar more accurate? I like it telling me I have full signal even if its not true! lol. Apart from that does it add anything? are there apps or jailbroken stuff that only works with 4.0.1?

If its just the signal thing and its not going to inconvenience me i don't think i'll bother
I would update just because I like being up-to date on everything.

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
I haven't jailbroken in the past but this really does look too easy not to experiment a little. Is restoring from a JB phone for service (or any reason really) difficult or time consuming for a complete amateur? Sorry, I know this has been covered but since we're discussing it in this thread I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.