iPad What do I do if I won't be home when iPad arrives?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by houssein31, Oct 19, 2014.

1. houssein31 macrumors regular

So I preordered the iPad Air 2 and I thought that my mom would be home this week, but she won't....Any ways, there won't be anyone to sign to the UPs/Fedex guy. Also it is already "Preparing for shipment" so I don't think I can cancel my order...What can I do in this case? If there isn't anyone to sign for it, where will it go? What should I do?

2. New Apple macrumors regular

normally they come back the next day, or you might give them a call for it...

3. awests macrumors regular

You should be able to print out a form from UPS/FEDEX that you can leave on your door that is basically equivalent to a signature.

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Well to answer ur question, that means you won't receive your ipad haha.

Now here's the thing, ups will re deliver the next business day or you can call them right away and arrange a local pick up at the ups hub. I don't know about fedex, but generally they will re deliver the next day.

5. iTeachMath macrumors regular

In my experience, both UPS and FedEx will try to re-deliver for several days and if they are unsuccessful, they'll hold the package at a local facility.

Also, for both companies, on an attempted delivery day you can pick up your package at the end of the business day at the local facility (8 pm for UPS and after 5 pm for FedEx).

6. 617aircav Suspended

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

You can presign for it and specify an optional delivery location using the form linked in the shipping notice.

8. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'd get it held at the facility. If somebody steals it off your doorstep good luck getting it covered.

9. ppfd macrumors regular

ppfd

Give me your address so I can run by and try it out before you get home. :D

Might ask a neighbor to keep watch for it and have them hold it for you.

10. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

you can go on to ups or fedex and change the delivery to hold for pick up....then drive to the depot and get it.