What do I do...

Dentifrice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
339
62
Hi,

I can get a used ipad pro 12.9 (128gb and wifi) for $700 with the smart keyboard.

But now I know apple is gonna release new ipad pro in a couple a weeks...The 9.7 is too small for my need so I need a new 12.9 or this new 10.5 inches.

What would you do considering new ipads might be very interesting (but probably too pricey for me) and , I suppose, older models will have lower prices...

I can wait but I'll lose this opportunity but at the same time, there will be other used ipad to sell...

what would you do ?
 

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
2,614
2,148
New Orleans
But now I know apple is gonna release new ipad pro in a couple a weeks...The 9.7 is too small for my need so I need a new 12.9 or this new 10.5 inches.
You don't know that. You can only assume that.

We can't tell you what you should do. Save money and get an iPad now, or wait and risk nothing coming out soon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ABC5S and Legendts

Dentifrice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
339
62
Ok for the guys out there that wanna say the same thing again, let's rephrase that

"There is a good chance, with the rumors, that new ipads will come out but nothing is confirmed"
 

Jodiuh

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
296
110
I'm in a similar situation and understand how it can be...interesting...when a new device is around the corner.

I would say wait. If a new "whatever" gets released, you'll have more options. You could go with the new one or wait for another deal on an old one.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
 

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
1,131
578
NLD
Usually I'll say buy, but the 12.9 is one and a half year old. An even though I'm planning to keep on using mine for years and years to come, I'll say: wait.
700 bucks is a good price, but 1,5 years is a long time and new feautures are nice to have.
 

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
2,194
1,354
London
I currently have a 12.9 that I will be returning within the 14 days and will see what 05/06 brings. If one isn't announced I will repurchase.
 

Dentifrice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
339
62
$700 for 12.9" iPP with ASK is a steal where I live, I'd grab that in a heartbeat.
That is why I was hesitating. I said $700 US but I converted it. I'm Canadian and the guy is selling it $900 CDN.

But here in canada, for the same NEW ipad and keyboard plus taxes, it's like $1600.

So it was like $700 CDN less than a new
 

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
9,000
10,121
Philadelphia, PA
As others have mentioned, I would wait to see what they announce in June. There will be plenty of cheap iPad options after that point. It's funny, I have no idea how Apple keeps luring me back to iPad. I have bought and sold 4 iPad's over the years.
 

Dentifrice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
339
62
As others have mentioned, I would wait to see what they announce in June. There will be plenty of cheap iPad options after that point. It's funny, I have no idea how Apple keeps luring me back to iPad. I have bought and sold 4 iPad's over the years.
I had the first ipad, then ipad 3, then ipad mini retina, then ipad air 2 and now I want an ipad pro

I hate you apple haha
 

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
2,194
1,354
London
Er, the iPad 3... Took me 8 to get one with a good screen and then they updated it a couple of weeks later! Ggggggrrrrrr!!
 

Dentifrice

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
339
62
damn I went to an Apple store just to play with the ipad pro 12.......this is what I want. No doubt about it.

I'll wait for WWDC to see if an updated 12'' is release and if not, I'll get a used one
 
  • Like
Reactions: Precursor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.