Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skierbri10

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
I found the phone I ordered from att at an Apple Store. I used the next program. Do I need to have the $ for taxes when I pick it up at the Apple Store? Or is that billed? Thanks.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I found the phone I ordered from att at an Apple Store. I used the next program. Do I need to have the $ for taxes when I pick it up at the Apple Store? Or is that billed? Thanks.

You need to pay it upfront when you get it. I'm guessing att would refund you the tax if you paid any. Call att just to be sure.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
I had to go back the to the ATT store of which I ordered and have them cancel my order and restore my "eligibility upgrade" back into the system. I then went to Apple and purchased my phone under the subsidized price.

I suspect that if you don't, the system is going to tell Apple that you have a phone ordered tied to your desired plan and charge you full retail.

mcorleone

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Florida
This may be a viable option for me. There will be a new Apple store that's opening up at the new mall across the street from my office on 10/16. Currently the nearest one is almost 2 hours away. However I don't know if they'll have any in stock when the store opens or by the time I stop by there on my lunch break..... I may consider this if my 'status' doesn't change from the 11/9 to 11/27 'club'.

skierbri10

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Dang it's what I figured. I don't have the $90 to spare at this second. Guess I will wait on att. Blah

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.