Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ALMF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
I sent my iPhone 5 to Apple for repair due to the Sleep/Wake button not functioning. It now is on its way to be delivered to me today.

If they were unable to repair it and they send me a refurbished unit, what will I need to do to get it set up? I’m on AT&T and have never set up the new phones myself. It has always been done by a clerk at a store on a computer.

The phone is backed up on my computer. I did this just before sending it out for the repair.

Do I need to contact AT&T to set it up?

Do I just connect it to the computer and put the Sim card back in?

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
I sent my iPhone 5 to Apple for repair due to the Sleep/Wake button not functioning. It now is on its way to be delivered to me today.

If they were unable to repair it and they send me a refurbished unit, what will I need to do to get it set up? I’m on AT&T and have never set up the new phones myself. It has always been done by a clerk at a store on a computer.

The phone is backed up on my computer. I did this just before sending it out for the repair.

Do I need to contact AT&T to set it up?

Do I just connect it to the computer and put the Sim card back in?

Just the last part... Pop in your sim, if you any all your settings and apps the same as the first one then plug into your computer and restore from back up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.