What do I need to know/do... Australia Bound

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stewartlittle, Jul 4, 2008.

1. stewartlittle macrumors regular

Hey Everyone, I am moving to Australia in Jan for a year. While I am there, I will be doing my work and sending it back here via email...(design) My questions to all the aussies are...should i buy a macbook pro here (canada) or there... are the adapters and such different... while there... I am thinking of getting mobile broadband.... should i get a card...or a usb modem...or is there any real difference between the two.. I also have to decide which provider to go through....i will be mainly in sydney area (cronulla and such)...and with a few trips to melbourne and queensland.... and is there anything else in general i should know for the move... Thanks soo much.....

2. ruku macrumors member

You can check the prices yourself on the apple websites and use a currency calculator to work out which would be cheaper but i bet itd be Canada. Mobile internet wont be fast or cheap in oz but you can use this website
    http://whirlpool.net.au/
    to research all about that. They are a good community and will answer your internet questions. I also highly recommend that your pinky chill out on the full stops, Australian people just hate that.

3. stewartlittle thread starter macrumors regular