What do I need to power my computer internationally?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Potatochobit, Nov 9, 2015.

  1. Potatochobit macrumors regular

    Apr 2, 2011
    I plan to go overseas
    instead of buying wall socket adapters
    how does mac work?
    can I just replace the end plug on the magSafe 2 box?
    does it automatically switch to 210V?
  2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603


    Feb 13, 2011
    Baltimore, Maryland
    They have been multi-voltage compatible for a long time. My old one says Input: 100-240V.

    So either an adapter or a magsafe cord with the right plug on the end is all that's needed. No fancy voltage step-down device required.

    You can probably get a good adapter for the specific country you're visiting on Amazon for not much.
  3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

    Feb 9, 2011
    If you want to search around they're called duckheads.
  4. Potatochobit thread starter macrumors regular

    Apr 2, 2011
    thanx guys

    I actually plugged an EU playstation in once to an american outlet by just swapping the cord
    and it caught on fire.....
    better to ask, then start fires is my new policy.
  5. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

    Aug 1, 2011
    Well technically reading the power input requirements/specifications would be the best policy ;)

    It's written right on the charger. It takes 100-240V.

Share This Page

6 November 9, 2015