What do i need to replace in my iphone 3g to ________?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by senorhongz, Sep 15, 2010.

1. senorhongz macrumors newbie

I want to take my phone into pretty well known shop in my area to replace some parts in my phone. I'm sorry if i sound wierd about this but.. What in the phone causes the overall lag of the phone?

edit**

Switching to phones not an option.

editv2**

Anything to fix sluggishness

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    Its not like a computer where you can add more ram and replace the cpu to make it faster.
    Just get a 3GS or an iphone 4.
    With newer and more resource demanding software older hardware cannot keep up to speed with new additions and updated firmware.

3. senorhongz thread starter macrumors newbie

:( Well i bought my phone used and theres something lagging it ever since 3.0 i think the previous user did something to it. NO matter how many times i restored nothing restored it back to its speed compared to my friends 3g. Could something be wrong with the hard drive/ storage capacity thats lagging it or is it just the hardware itself degrading

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It depends on alot of things that could cause it to slow down.
    Like if its JB and what kind of packages you installed on it. If its stock the more apps and storage you use up the longer it will take to start up and maybe cause a slowdown also.
    Like I said why dont you update and get a newer model with non of these issues. Even 3GS iphones are plenty faster than 2G and 3G iphones.

5. senorhongz thread starter macrumors newbie

But my question is.. what is left after a restore to factory settings. shouldnt EVERYTHING be wiped so nothing should be sluggish or anything?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, after a restore thru itunes everything is gone as long as you dont restore from backup.
    When it asks you after the restore click setup as new.

7. senorhongz thread starter macrumors newbie

i do set it up as new but i still feel the same sl;uggishness

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not much more you can do.
    It comes with the updated firmware.
    If you put it on its original 2.0+ firmware it will fly but obviously with alot less features and non of the appstore apps will work with that version:D