What do I upload to the app store?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by tutiplain, Jul 4, 2011.

1. tutiplain macrumors member

Hi all,

I am finally to submit my first app to the App Store. I have filled all the necessary info on the iTunes Connect web site, and my app is now "Waiting for upload". So now I use the Application Loader to upload the app binary. The only problem is, I don't know where the binary is! When I compile my App, I am aware that it creates a .app folder inside /users/MyUser/Library/Developer/XCode/DerivedData/AppName-and-some-numbers/build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/. However, Application Loader does not let me choose this to upload. I'm certain I must be missing something, but don't know what. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I find it much easier to upload my binaries directly through Xcode. If you're using Xcode 4, goto Product->Archive. Once your app archives, it should open the Organizer automatically, but if it doesn't, goto Organizer-> Archives. Click on the version of your app you want to upload and click submit. If there are no problems, you are done.

3. tutiplain thread starter macrumors member

HI,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed, the process is simpler using what you suggested, but I still got a few errors about incorrect icon size and format, and something having to do with "codesign verification failed". I read some where that I need to compile my code using some sort of certificate signature, but couldn't find an option in the project info having to do anything with this. Do you happen to know anything about that?

4. Shawnpk, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

Shawnpk macrumors 6502

Do you have a distribution certificate for your app? I think that's what the "codesign verification failed" error has to do with. The incorrect icon size means somewhere in your app there is an icon that is the wrong size for your app. It's also very easy to add app icons in Xcode 4.

5. tutiplain thread starter macrumors member

Hi, I finally managed to submit my app to the app store. As for the codesign error, I had to reinstall my distribution certificate, and specify the certificate to use in the Target > Code Signing area in XCode (which I hadn't done before). Thanks for your help!