What do people think about this? (performance variance)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimrod, Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimrod macrumors 65816

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...lower-than-more-expensive-versions-tests-show

It seems some iPhone users who choose lower capacity variants are getting significantly less performance and the new Intel modems are nowhere near as good as the Qualcomm ones.

Has Apple's penny pinching gone too far? I do wonder if they even notice the reception problems (like with the original "antennagate") because their campus has its own masts so always a strong signal. It would seem unlikely but then you'd think that problem would have been noticed so perhaps Apple get too much credit?

It just seems that Apple is becoming exactly the company that Steve Jobs turned against in the 90's, all about the shareholders while the product quality gradually starts to suffer. I'm very interested in the next iPhone and all its alleged features as I "downgraded" to an SE from a 6 this year rather than get the 7, if things continue down this route then I might actually move on after being an iPhone user for about 7 years. :\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.