What do they do with all these returned iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cello2456, Apr 13, 2010.

1. cello2456 macrumors regular

I keep reading about people buying a wifi ipad and how they plan to return it when the 3G ones are available. Or people who returned their ipad to get one with a larger memory. So what happens to all these returned units? I just want to make sure that I don't get stuck with a previously used unit. I assume these ones will all be sold as refurbished?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Or they'll be given as replacement units.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Depends on the conditions. Open Box with a slight markdown. Refurbish with a slight markdown. Recycled through the factory, recertified, re-initialized, re-packaged possibly. Apple won't put them back into circulation for awhile though, to keep demand for new ones as high as possible.

4. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

They'll get hit with restocking fees. Their just thinking apple will let them walk in and do this, not going to happen! Best buy will charge 15%, pretty steep and the two weeks will have passed.

Now bay may be an option which is where i will sell mine.

5. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

No way they would sell you an ipad without telling you its been used. Any used or refurbished ipads will be marked that way, and usually are sold at a discount.

I'm pretty sure it would be illegal for them to sell you a used product if they are claiming its new.

6. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

If you're buying a new iPad from Apple then you will get a new iPad. I do believe it is illegal for them to sell you a used iPad as new (or maybe just policy...I like to think it's also illegal).

The returned ones are generally replacements or refurbished.

7. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

8. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I've heard they have found buyers for both of the returned iPads...

;)

9. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

Fix the dust and dead pixels and then resell them?