What do you clean your Retina Macbook pro with?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThisIsMe, Oct 14, 2012.

1. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

I ran out of Iklear and i was just wondering what do you guys use to clean the display on the RMBP?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How to clean Apple products

Apple also gives instructions on how to clean your Mac in the User Guides for the MBA, MBP and iMac:
    Also, you'll find plenty of suggestions by searching through the many existing threads on this topic, such as these:

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I always use Glassex, the blue stuff you clean glass with, it is available in Holland and I never had problems with it, also lot cheaper than the special computer screen products.

Apple needs to be conservative with their advice on cleaning, otherwise people mess up, water on a cloth just does not work, it leaves streaks on the display.
    I also have two LG IPS Tv's, clean them with the same stuff and it works well.

4. duckrabbit, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012

duckrabbit macrumors member

I use Radtech Omnicleanz. In the past, I've used iKlear, but I've found that it tends to leave a smudgy residue on glossy displays if you don't buff rather heavily, and the rMBP's screen seems a bit too delicate for me to continue using it. The iKlear cloths are better though. Either product works well for cleaning the body of the machine. You could try just using water as Apple suggests, but I'd recommend using distilled water if possible. I remember seeing a thread somewhere where someone had hard water stains on their screen.

Edit:
    Here is the thread I mentioned.

Edit 2:
    Actually, it turns out those aren't hard water stains. Whatever the case, distilled water is probably best, just to be safe. If you have hard water and clean the screen weekly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was eventually some buildup.

5. stevelam macrumors 65816

Unless you don't own a car or have never washed a window or mirror in your life, it's not hard to wipe and not leave streaks. Hint: go in circles.

6. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

I use a microfiber cloth use to clean car exteriors. No chemicals or liquids. Works great.

7. RealEyes macrumors regular

It comes with a cloth. Just use that. You don't need all this watered down alcohol.