What Do You Consider When Choosing a Touch Case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by HappyDude20, Sep 27, 2008.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

What do you keep in mind when choosing a case for your iPod Touch?

So many kinds; I'm ripping my hair out trying decide.

There are these cases which i like since they are simple and look nice:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Belk...24258/catOid/-17581/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Will that Belkin 2G case fit my 1G Touch?

But there is also this case, which appeals since it has a hidden pocket for cards and cash, which normally the touch and cards would go in my same jeans pocket...but it also seems this kind of case would add some bulk overall in my pocket. while right now, with the touch alone it is hardly noticeable i have it in my pocket:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8968227&type=product&id=1217029965451

What do you keep in mind when choosing an iPod Touch case? Bulkiness when carrying it in your pocket? If it has a pocket for cards/money (Either way i'll be carrying my cards in the same pocket)? Or something completely different?

Your thoughts are seriously appreciated as I spent all day yesterday running around stores looking for an appealing case but couldn't settle.

2. Mikey- macrumors regular

I mainly consider which case will protect my iPod the most if I drop it.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I hardly ever drop anything, but something padded would still be good in case..

.but most of all would like to keep the thinness factor for when its in my pocket... idunno, im so lost on what to choose.

4. 11800506 macrumors 65816

If you want it to remain thin and you don't drop it I would get an InvisibleShield or similar protector. I have one on mine and it's pretty good.

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

you just have the invisible shield on it and nothing else? no case? and this works perfectly?

I just saw a few videos on youtube from the company showing scratch tests which answered my question is to the touch being in the same pocket as my car keys and credit cards.

Out of all the options you had, i have to ask why did you go with this kind? I'm intrigued.

6. snowboarder943 macrumors regular

is the invisible shield really as hard to put on as everybody says? Because that would be perfect for me. I do not want bulk. Just scratch protection.

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

yeah man and i just checked out this video on youtube from them saying you can drive 80mph with the ipod touch on top of your car and it not fall off. apparently it can also stick to mirrors.

8. snowboarder943 macrumors regular

sweet man that sounds cool. so you are saying that it's hard to put on or it isn't. idk I might just get the power support anti-glare film protectors. it covers the back and the front.

9. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

no its really easy, i was just exemplefying what the videos show it can do.

im still not sure on what to get though...

a case seems nice, a thin one of course...but this invisible shield seems good too. decisions, decisions.

10. coconut. macrumors newbie

coconut.

I'm in love with this miniot wood case

I think they look stunning. I want!!
    you can even choose the wood you want! hell yesss!

it's pretty fat though so I wouldn't wear it my pocket... but I always carry a bag. ^^

11. snowboarder943 macrumors regular

yeah I know. I bought the macally metro case. covers just the back & is rly thin but protective. leaves the front nice and open. and it comes with a screen protector. I'll post pics when I get it.

macally.com

12. California King macrumors 65816

I say stick with a case. I've realized after applying either a Invisible Shield, BestSkinsEver, or just recently, a BodyGuardz and it's not really worth it. It is very difficult to make it line up perfectly...some aren't even cut very well (I've heard). And it leaves a lot of imperfections that are noticeable (especially the back because of the stainless steel). I'm most likely going to remove my BodyGuardz after I buy an InCase Slider!