What do you demo?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Neutral Milk, May 29, 2015.

1. Neutral Milk macrumors regular

Neutral Milk

A quick search didn't reveal any threads about this subject already, although it wouldn't surprise me if they existed somewhere in the archive...

When people ask you about your watch, what do you demo for them?

I've only had it a few days, and someone asked me yesterday to show them what it can do, and I sort of blanked.. "Uh.. well it tells time, and you can like push on it and swipe and stuff... Uh..."

So what do you show folks that gets the biggest "wow" response?

2. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

I usually show them the home screen, open a random app, and show them how it measures your heartbeat.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

They'll usually ask "What can it do?" So I say "What do you want it to do?" As I go to the home screen.

4. dilap macrumors 6502a

The moment I go to the app screen and the icons slide in everyone goes "Wowwww" and "That's so cool". They always ask if I have a game so I installed some, and when they ask "does it have a camera?" I show the remote app.

5. frogstir macrumors newbie

frogstir

i show them 2 things normally - how i use it as a viewfinder and remote shutter release for the camera. and i also demonstrate a 'hey siri, text (their name), my watch is better than yours" statement

6. Neutral Milk thread starter macrumors regular

Neutral Milk

Hah. That's what my wife has been doing for months since she got her Moto 360, except she says "OK google, text (their name), ******* you you ********** b****" because she thinks it's really funny that it gets bleeped when it's sent.

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I show notifications if I have any. Outside of that I will show glances and activity monitor. For me, the serious value is the watch yelling at me to standup and move around. Working in an office is bad for your back.

8. digitalnut macrumors newbie

The live preview in the camera remote has gotten the most oohs & aahs from my friends. I start off with my Mickey Mouse watch face, and some folks have really dug the graphical moon phase complication.