what do you do on your ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ayz, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ayz macrumors member

I have a mbp, iphone 4, and thinkpad x201 tablet. thinking of selling the tablet and getting an ipad, but not sure if it's worth it.

leisure time on my laptops are mostly spent on youtube and typing on internet forums. obviously i prefer a keyboard, as typing on a touchscreen is kind of a pain in the ass.

just wondering what else people use their ipads for, to get an idea of whether it's a worthwhile purchase or if it's just going to turn into a $500 extra screen to watch netflix on. i'm specifically curious about how many of you go back to your laptops for most of your serious tasks or if the ipad does an adequate job.

2. Karr271 macrumors regular

i plan to use my ipad for several things. It'll be nice to resort to my iPad instead of a computer for browsing on a screen that larger than an iphone/ipod touch. The iMovie app will be great for some quick video editing. Popular Science magazine for reading, and iBooks for a few books. I also plan to use it to take notes and most importantly as a better email device.

3. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

The majority of my use is browsing the web and posting on forums from various spots in my house and reading at night. I do play a lot of Texas Hold'em as well on it. Netflix gets some decent use from time to time along with Air Video. The latter is a great app which allows me to save space and stream all my videos on my computer - definitely a 'must have' if you plan to watch a lot of movies...

4. M87 macrumors 65816

GarageBand 24/7 *two finger drum solo*. But seriously, I'm serious.

5. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

[​IMG]

6. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

YouTube browsing on the iPad is a lot more enjoyable than on a computer, plus you don't get the adverts. I also use it for a few games and also quite bit browsing online. Maybe you should buy a cheaper first gen one and then test it out on that and if you like it maybe get iPad 3. I love my iPad but different people into different things.