What do you do with your subscribed to spam?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SilentPanda, Oct 25, 2010.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'm guessing I'm not the only person... I get the occasional once a month or so e-mails from various companies I've purchased things from, games I haven't played in ages, etc. I always think about unsubscribing to them but usually I'm on my iPhone or something and it's usually quicker in the short term to just delete it. What do you guys do with yours? Are you a person that spends the time to hunt down the unsubscribe option or do you just keep getting them indefinitely?

This topic sounded more interesting in my head.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

It takes all of about 5 seconds to do that, which is what I always do :)

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm in the lazy camp. I normally just delete them, unless I get more than 3 pr so per week.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As luck would have it, I just got one from Apple promoting the latest demoware. I unsubscribed.

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I almost always unsubscribe.

There are a few companies to which I voluntarily receive mail (some offer coupons, or special discounts), but if the subject line doesn't catch my interest, I just delete.

Although, I've been receiving promo emails from ING for months, and just deleted them every time. Your thread just gave me the motivation to finally click that unsubscribe link. Took all of five seconds; should have done it months ago. :eek:

7. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

I have a separate email account just for that reason. Every now and then I'll go through and just delete the messages from stores, organizations, etc...don't think I would want to completely unsubscribe though.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I unsubscribe and then subscribe random people for ********.

9. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I kind of unthinkingly tolerated a barrage of 'solicitied' spam from many places—ebay, amazon, backcountry.com, rei.com, jcrew.com, polo.com and others, until I got my iPhone and all of these emails came through the exchange server and were instantly pushed to my phone throughout the day. One day I got on and unsubscribed from everything but 'The Daily Dose' from steepandcheap.com, which includes a short anecdote from some guy at the site and is reliably funny.

I still do get a lot of "m3g4 (o<k: inxrese the grth of ur me4+st!ck" emails, however. I'm always astounded to think that someone, somewhere is clicking and buying their product.

10. 184550 Guest

I like the warm fuzzy feeling I get when 'people' send me email, that and the validation.

I usually just delete them as I too am usually on my iPhone.

11. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Me too. Some I will unsubscribe to, but usually its hit the delete button.

12. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I usually just try unsubscribing. It usually works.

13. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

Cooks Illustrated has been going bonkers trying to sell all kinds of crap lately. To top it off they somehow got two of my email addresses so I'm getting doubles of everything.

*Unsubscribe*