Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you drink?

• Water

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • Soda

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Fruit/vegetable

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Anything with alcohol

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • other

Votes: 13 12.3%

• Total voters

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
As we're discussing drink and stuff – here in the UK they've just launched Peetermans Artois, from the people who brought us Stella. I've heard some good reports about it but having sampled the stuff last night I can tell you it's terrible – nasty watery stuff that tastes like dodgy tonic water. I don't trust a beer that has coriander in it. ;)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
What do I drink?

Mornings in work:
Pint of coffee

Mornings at home:
Tea

Evenings:

Beer and Whisky

Lunja

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2005
Lincoln UK
As we're discussing drink and stuff – here in the UK they've just launched Peetermans Artois, from the people who brought us Stella.

My local has had the stuff for four or five months :p There's another Artois beer coming soon called Artois Bock, but I havn't given it a try yet.

Now, I ticked "fruit" in the poll, because I mainly drink Tesco's Apple and Blackcurrant squash :)

But if it's the evening, give me a Kokanee! (Anyone from British Columbia will understand...)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
My local has had the stuff for four or five months :p There's another Artois beer coming soon called Artois Bock, but I havn't given it a try yet.
At the moment, around here at least, there's loads of adshel posters and special promos on the Peetermans – it's being marketed as the 'new' drink from the makers of Stella, although as you say I believe a number of pubs have been stocking the stuff for a while already. Bock's been out for a while too, at least bottled in the shops.

I don't believe either of them are new beers as such, they've just not been widely available in this country before.

Lunja

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2005
Lincoln UK
At the moment, around here at least, there's loads of adshel posters and special promos on the Peetermans – it's being marketed as the 'new' drink from the makers of Stella, although as you say I believe a number of pubs have been stocking the stuff for a while already. Bock's been out for a while too, at least bottled in the shops.

I don't believe either of them are new beers as such, they've just not been widely available in this country before.

I might give them a go when I visit the local on Tuesday (for the quiz, which we won last week:cool: ), although the Peetermans looked quite cloudy in the posters, almost like a wheat beer.

L

Lau

At the moment, around here at least, there's loads of adshel posters and special promos on the Peetermans...

Stella, in my opinion, is the work of the devil in whichever form it comes. ;) I'm quite taken with the poster campaign though.

I ticked water as it's the majority of what I drink, although it's followed closely by black coffee, beer, wine, gin and the odd cup of lemon n ginger tea or a weak earl grey. :p

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Doctor says to drink lots of water, as I have a penchant for Kidney stones and heart problems, so every caffeinated drink I have, I off-set it with double the amount of water.

Lots of water so my stones don't come back and I don't get palpitations. :D

The Rx Stress stuff is caffeine free.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Stella, in my opinion, is the work of the devil in whichever form it comes. ;) I'm quite taken with the poster campaign though.

I totally agree!

Stella is just 95% chemicals and 5% water, horrible stuff!!!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
It's just about drinkable if there's nothing else around – a better choice than Fosters, Carling or most of the other dodgy lagers pubs fall over themselves to stock. Mind, that's like saying having your eyes poked out with a pointy stick is a better choice than having them gouged out with an ice cream scoop. ;)

Mind, I do like the posters – they've got a touch of the A.M. Cassandre about them.

Oh – and I ticked 'other' as I tend to drink a lot of coffee.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006
Water throughout the day, but I do drink carrot juice/wheatgrass juice in the mornings. Good stuff.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
morning: water + tea if i don't breakfast.. then it's only water

during the day weekdays: water

during the day weekends: water + soda/fruit juices thinned with water/ bottled ice tea

evening on week ends(when going out): beer, self mixed drinks with Vodka/Gin + fruit juices

since i msotly drink water i voted water

things i don't drink: bottled water (unless i get really thirsty while being in the city), wine products unless heavily mixed (this includes red,white, prosecco,champagne, cognac etc.), Rum .. tastes like gasoline IMHO

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
As I can't drink alcohol yet, water. I drink at least one glass of water every hour (except during school). I'll occasionally have fruit juices in the morning and on the weekends I'll drink pop with dinner.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Mostly water, but other than that I drink a lot of OJ and gatorade. I like to mix them. I also drink a lot of strawberry, blueberry smoothies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.