What do you expect from next iOS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hakuna-matata, Oct 14, 2011.

1. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Now that iOS is almost at it's prime with icloud, imessage, photostream and siri( and many others like camera hardware keys and shortcuts etc.), what else can you expect from next release to make it an unrivaled OS. What I wish is this:
    Proper homescreen and lockscreen widgets.
    All mobile bluetooth facility
    USB mass storage mode.
    I think these 3 points sums it up. What about you guys?? It is already sufficient the way it is but we always want more, don't we?

2. yAak macrumors newbie

yAak

3. hakuna-matata thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

U wish that, don't you!! Well it's a good thing that all our wishes don't cum true!!

4. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I don't care about any of the things you listed, but I would like a Mobile Me style online photo gallery and the ability to delete photos out of photostream. The big thing I've been wanting since the beginning is multi-user logins for shared iPads, that's been a thorn and it gets even worse with iCloud syncing. Other than that, it rocks.

6. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I don't really ask for a whole lot. Just, PLEASE, allow me to decide what apps are on my phone! I wanna be able to delete weather, stocks, contacts, compass, voice memos, newsstand, etc. WHY are we forced to keep them?! It's not like we wouldn't be able to download 'em again should we change our minds. Ugh.

This is something that should've been allowed since iPhone OS 1. For **** sake, it took 'em four freakin years to allow deletion of individual calls! As much as I love Apple, it's little **** like this that I can't quite understand or justify.

I'm not even asking for new and innovative ****. I was just want **** that makes sense!

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I don't expect much from apples iOS. I depend on jailbreaking for my needs.

8. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Copy more Android features and maybe Windows 8 mobile.

9. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I thought we were going to get new maps in iOS 5 since Apple bought two mapping companies recently. I'm guessing were going to see that as the main thing in iOS 6. I also hope Apple improves multitasking. I like to see them use more of a WebOS approach with cards and flicking them away type of deal, and I wish you could close all your apps at once.

10. vitog123 macrumors 6502

profiles... with a geo-location based option!

11. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I'd like the option to have a speed dial/favorites on the lock screen...maybe even a number pad so you can make calls more quickly. It is a PHONE after all. :)

Would also like quick access to settings like brightness, wifi on/off and bluetooth on/off.

Basically I'd like LockInfo and SBSettings to come stock so it doesn't need to be jailbroken. :)

12. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Another thing I'd like to see: a face lift!

I love everything about my iPhone and I can't see myself ever moving to another platform, however, after four years of staring at "squares" (the apps), I'm ready for a new look. I'm not sure what, exactly, but I wanna see something new and refreshing. Apple, I'm sure, can think up something sexy. As long as they don't turn into the clutter fest that Android is, I'll be okay.

13. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

There needs to be just general improvements. They need to look to the jailbreak scene for inspiration.

• Be able to lock in landscape mode (its very annoying to watch a long video)
    • Better access to brightness (SBSettings), lower brightness (Dimmer), maybe even a f.lux like setting
    • More than 12 damn apps in a folder
    • Quick composition of texts (biteSMS)
    • Theming (but that will never happen)
    • A way to read/send texts from your computer

14. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Yes! That's one thing I love about Google Voice. I love that I can go on their site and text all day long (when I'm at the office or in class) with my friends/family and not have to take out my phone. I'm guessing this whole iMessage thing is a small step in that direction. I think we'll eventually see it make an appearance in Lion, hopefully? An iChat integration would be nice.

15. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

your auto correct disgusts me :eek:

16. Brucey macrumors newbie

I just want to be able to copy a calendar entry (all details) and paste it into another date. I'm really surprised it hasn't happened yet.

17. ElCidRo macrumors regular

- Some improvements in the Maps/Navigation/GPS area. I expected that in iOS 5 :(

- A lot more SIRI stuff (reading emails, opening and closing apps, close all apps, read the wolfram cards, support for more languages, a SDK to allow developers to integrate their apps in SIRI).

- Tighter integration between SIRI and the improved Maps app. Calculate distances between 2 points, estimate the time based on previous trips and stuff like that.

- More improvements for the multitasking

- A facelift. Live icons and more customization options

18. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

I love the apple fanboys giving me negative cause they know its true.

19. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

It will be interesting to see what comes post Steve Jobs into the next release. I wonder if there are features he didn't like that may now make it in.

20. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

The BIG feature for iOS 6 will be the new maps feature Apple is working on.

21. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I hope they implement this in the next couple of revisions:

Volume down for video.

Since Volume up can be used to snap a picture, volume down should be used for taking videos. This will be quicker than having to slide the bar and possibly missing important moments.