What do you expect from the next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fabianjj, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabianjj macrumors 6502

What features do you think will be coming to the fourth generation iPhone?

I'm expecting a

5Mpix camera,
    some sort of capability to run apps in the background
    a higher resolution display (Although the size will probablt stay the same no matter what)

and of course the annual storage bump

What do you think the next iPhone will have?, I mean reasonable expectations (meaning not built in microwave oven)

2. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I hope it will have a slightly larger display, smaller bezel, if it's a tad wider and higher it could be thinner, but the latter is not so important. Front facing camera would be nice but I fear this will not happen since it would compete too much with the iPad which doesn't have one.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

So, no printer? :)

I mainly expect to finally have a reliable battery that can keep the iPhone charged considerably longer than now. I'd like to be able to get more than a day of use before needing a charge. There's lots of software issues I'd like addressed, but as far as hardware that's what I mainly need. I'd also like a bigger screen, but I know that's not going to happen.

4. Macnator macrumors 6502

I think a 5MP camera is a good bet. CPU/RAM upgrades most likely.

Possibility of a higher resolution screen, maybe. Some new features that will blow our minds.:D

I think we may see a better battery this time around, that can actually handle a lot of 3G data use, because 3G is murder on the battery. :(

Same price if not cheaper. Like $199 for 32GB and $299 for 64GB perhaps.

Since Steve Jobs said that the next iPhone update will be an A+ update I think we are going to see some very welcome additions and upgraded internals.

5. JUSTQUAN macrumors member

I would like for them to have a battery. I don't know what to expect lol. But would like that battery to be kick a**. Also maybe one of those fancy HD capable displays but I don't watch much video. Everything that doesn't come in the oem I found other means of obtaining. :)

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Multitasking wouldn't hurt really. A better battery. I am very electricity dependent.

7. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Pretty sure the UI won't change that much, especially after seeing iPhone 3.2 on the iPad... maybe a background picture and some new icons...

I'd like to see a flash (not flash), maybe a better camera, more memory and more speed.

8. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Well a you can't really expect much from a 3.X update. Wait for OS 4.0 which will more then likely be announced next Month.

9. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Hopefully it has a good Macrumors search function built in... cause you might need it!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=800956

10. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Already have a big thread on this, linked above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.