What do you expect from the next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fabianjj, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabianjj macrumors 6502

Aug 28, 2007
    What features do you think will be coming to the fourth generation iPhone?

I'm expecting a

5Mpix camera,
    some sort of capability to run apps in the background
    a higher resolution display (Although the size will probablt stay the same no matter what)

and of course the annual storage bump

What do you think the next iPhone will have?, I mean reasonable expectations (meaning not built in microwave oven)
  2. macbook123 macrumors 68000

Feb 11, 2006
    I hope it will have a slightly larger display, smaller bezel, if it's a tad wider and higher it could be thinner, but the latter is not so important. Front facing camera would be nice but I fear this will not happen since it would compete too much with the iPad which doesn't have one.
  3. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    So, no printer? :)

I mainly expect to finally have a reliable battery that can keep the iPhone charged considerably longer than now. I'd like to be able to get more than a day of use before needing a charge. There's lots of software issues I'd like addressed, but as far as hardware that's what I mainly need. I'd also like a bigger screen, but I know that's not going to happen.
  4. Macnator macrumors 6502

Jan 25, 2008
    I think a 5MP camera is a good bet. CPU/RAM upgrades most likely.

Possibility of a higher resolution screen, maybe. Some new features that will blow our minds.:D

I think we may see a better battery this time around, that can actually handle a lot of 3G data use, because 3G is murder on the battery. :(

Same price if not cheaper. Like $199 for 32GB and $299 for 64GB perhaps.

Since Steve Jobs said that the next iPhone update will be an A+ update I think we are going to see some very welcome additions and upgraded internals.
  5. JUSTQUAN macrumors member

Jul 3, 2009
    I would like for them to have a battery. I don't know what to expect lol. But would like that battery to be kick a**. Also maybe one of those fancy HD capable displays but I don't watch much video. Everything that doesn't come in the oem I found other means of obtaining. :)
  6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Multitasking wouldn't hurt really. A better battery. I am very electricity dependent.
  7. renewed macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2009
    Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
    Pretty sure the UI won't change that much, especially after seeing iPhone 3.2 on the iPad... maybe a background picture and some new icons...

I'd like to see a flash (not flash), maybe a better camera, more memory and more speed.
  8. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Sep 29, 2008
    Well a you can't really expect much from a 3.X update. Wait for OS 4.0 which will more then likely be announced next Month.
  9. Maclver macrumors 68020

Nov 23, 2008
    36°07′53″N 95°56′14″W
    Hopefully it has a good Macrumors search function built in... cause you might need it!

10. kainjow Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    Already have a big thread on this, linked above.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.