What do you find to be the most functional home screen layout?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by caoimhin, Oct 22, 2014.

1. caoimhin macrumors member

caoimhin

I can't help but feel that the icon-based layout in the iOS launcher is dated. partly because organization is a little bit wonky, and party because the graphic design of app icons is so disparate. Of course, I can't think of a better way (except for maybe a Start bar! :D).

But, given the design of iOS, what are the most functional app organizations you've come across?

Personally, I place the most commonly used 20 or so apps on the front page, alphabetized (with the exception of the super commonly used apps--calendar, weather, etc., which are at the top), and with SMS, Safari, Mail, and Phone in the dock. Other apps are placed in folders, which are alphabetized. This is imperfect in many ways (e.g. IMDB app is both "Reference" and "Entertainment" [I keep media-based entertainment in "Media"])

I've seen other users place only top apps on their front page, with their lesser used apps relegated to the later pages, usually in folders.

What have you come across that is functional, clean, and allows quick, organized access to your library of apps?

2. spades1412 macrumors 6502

I use my phone mostly with my right hand. I make sure my first page is always full with apps and folders and place my most used apps on the bottom 2 rows with the most used apps to the right side for easier one handed access.

Attached Files:

3. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

My iphone 6+ only has one page....first 3 rows are APPS, next three rows are folders and the bottom row is the 4 apps i use the most ...
    PHONE, SETTINGS,MAIL,MESSAGES

i find this to be the best set up

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I have one home screen also all items in folders

Bottom

Phone/Mail/iMessages/Camers