What do you find yourself using your iPad for most?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by east85, Mar 27, 2012.

1. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I'm just curious what you all tend to use your tablet for most, or maybe 2nd or 3rd most. I'm thinking about getting one but, I'm also still exploring reasons why one would be useful, and how they're useful for you.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Web browsing, IM, iMessage, Tweetbot, email, Flipboard, & YouTube are the most used apps of mine thus far. (Not necessarily in that order)

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Cruzing the Internet. Sits next to my Lazyboy for News, Sports, etc.

Till they give me MS Office and a file system, it will do little more.

I love it but it remains an Internet appliance

4. SgtBullmoose macrumors member

A surprise to me when I first bought mine ona whim was work. I expected to use it as an ereader but I use it for actual work as my main work computer and it has helped myself and my clients immensely

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

My cat will eat yours!:eek:

Just kidding!

----------

Can you describe exactly how it helps you and your clients? I am really wanting to engage my pad more.:confused:

6. SgtBullmoose macrumors member

I provide transcriptions for deaf and hard of hearing people in lectures and meetings for those that would prefer a written copy rather than a signer. I used to use a laptop and have to have them look over my shoulder. Now the screen is whereever they want it. I use a bluetooth keyboard to type and let them move the ipad with stand anywhere or they can jold it. It allows them to actively participate in discussions with a minimum of discomfort or obtrusiveness.

That having been said I use an LTE model with Pages synced to Dropbox. It's not as good as MS Office, but the benefits out weigh the drawbacks. Also in my long commute, it is my ereader as well.

7. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Thanks but I'm looking for more of a response than a simple "productivity apps" response. Everything posted here so far has been helpful, it's also really interesting to read how people are using them for things I'd never have guessed they would, as Sgt is.