Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
In Boot Camp on a 2.0ghz, 1GB RAM, GMA950 machine, I can run Homeworld 2, the most epic game ever.

It was 4 constant hours of Homeworld 2 that made half of the bottom case of my macbook crack and turn yellow from heat. I'm talking 9 square inches of cracks, not just one or two piddly lines.

Moral of the story? The Macbook cannot withstand manufacturer's intended use.
I dont want to call you a liar, but I've used C&C3 on my MacBook in XP for hours without any damage at all.

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Yeh, but how big is your database?

Touching 15GB here of RAW...

Minimum System Requirements

* One of the following Mac computers:
o Mac Pro
o MacBook Pro
o MacBook Air
o MacBook
o Mac mini with an Intel Core Solo or Duo processor
o iMac with a 1.8GHz or faster PowerPC G5 or Intel Core Duo processor
o Power Mac G5 with a 1.6GHz or faster PowerPC G5 processor
o 15- or 17-inch PowerBook G4 with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4 processor

Natsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
wow, so if you work on your macbook too much, it heats up and can create cracks? so is there any ways to solve that problem, like buying a cooler or something that cools down the macbook?

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
wow, so if you work on your macbook too much, it heats up and can create cracks? so is there any ways to solve that problem, like buying a cooler or something that cools down the macbook?

I think they fixed this with the latest models, can't be sure though. Cracking cases seems quite a common problem for MacBooks as far as technical faults go. Mine cracked after about 5 months of use on aggregate, though it was sitting in a box for a over yea whilst I was over seas.

H$R

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
Switzerland
standard stuff: internet surfing, listening to music, storing and watching videos/pictures. editing with photoshop and sometiems cutting a bit video. handles everything pretty good, but I think I still will be upgrading to 4 gb ram sometime.

MacHappytjg

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Winnipeg
mine gets hot to fast on xp when im playing a game otherwise on osx runs fine using say flash cs3, itunes, firefox, msn, and possiby word 2008 all on my 768mb of ram :(

borjasanz

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
In Boot Camp on a 2.0ghz, 1GB RAM, GMA950 machine, I can run Homeworld 2, the most epic game ever.

It was 4 constant hours of Homeworld 2 that made half of the bottom case of my macbook crack and turn yellow from heat. I'm talking 9 square inches of cracks, not just one or two piddly lines.

Moral of the story? The Macbook cannot withstand manufacturer's intended use.

You think you can show us some pics? Please.

Thanks

sangosimo

Sep 11, 2008
I don't do any advanced computing task. playing 720p/1080p is probably the most intensive or running oses in virtual box.

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I use mine as a computer :confused:

Yeah me too. Actually, I'm going to be using my new macbook as my main computer and obviously for when I'm going on trips. The quad-core gaming monster I have now is going on another desk so I'll still have it if I ever need to go anything "major".

ZDDP1273

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
I mostly use mine for school, Internet, and listening to music occasionally. Nothing major.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
University, e-mail, music, movies... the full lot basically. Its my only machine and its taken everything i've thrown at it so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.