What do you guys do with your old cases/accessories?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bojack, Jul 14, 2018.

1. bojack macrumors newbie

bojack

Hey all, just wanted to know what you guys do with your old cases/accessories once you guys upgrade? I’ve been considering eBay, but not sure if it would be worth it after eBay/PayPal get their cut.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

It depends on the accessory. There maybe some that represent a value for users because of different reasons.
    To answer your question, I have them in the drawer.

3. AnthroMatt macrumors 6502

AnthroMatt

If they're in good shape and of high enough demand (Apple leather case, for example), I'll sell them on eBay. Even if I only get $10 by the time everyone takes their cut, that's $10 more than I'd have with them sitting in a drawer.

I doubt I'd go through the effort for a case that would only fetch a buck or two. Those I'd just donate to a charity or Goodwill.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 65816

Cases, I just toss, as noone will take them as recycling (that I know of), are are usually cheap-o with no resale value (eg. I've got a $10 thin TPU case on the phone, a $15 faux leather case on the iPad) and might last the length of ownership (3-6yrs), so, don't feel too bad about tossing as not going through them at any real clip.

For other things, such as chargers, cables, I keep them in a bin, in case need to replace a broken item, lend to someone. Or, put them in a different bin with other used/expired electronics, and when full, drive them over to the recycling center, as they take used electronics.

5. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

Give away my old device (with accessories); donate the surplus to my local Goodwill electronics store (chargers, cables, etc). Also got rid of some older stuff with a "take what you want/pay what you choose" studio sale.