What do you guys like for screen protectors? ...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cmeisenzahl, Sep 29, 2014.

1. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

What do you guys like for screen protectors? ...

I have the 4/7" iPhone 6. Bought some very early for $7 online. Installed it only to realize it covered the front camera, even though it claims to be specifically for this phone. So that's going back.

Sooo ... I was looking to just get a simply sub-$10 screen protector that fits. But now I'm reading about some of these thing pieces of glass that are more expensive, but some people rave about them.

What do you like? Have you ever tried the glass ones like 'TechArmor Ballistic Glass' or 'iPhone 6 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM?'

Thanks in advance.

2. Marli macrumors regular

Cheap 10 for $3 off ebay. crystal clear, fits perfectly. The curved glass does not allow the protector to go right to the edge.

I have tried the glass ones, but they are thick and it makes the home button feel lie its in a hole. I didnt like it.

3. Bbafett macrumors 6502

I will always go with Ghost Armor. Looks invisible. Easy to clean and reduces fingerprints a lot. I have tried Zagg and another one before but didn't like those. Been using Ghost Armor since the 5. Lifetime warranty too.

4. cmeisenzahl thread starter macrumors 6502

5. MikeeV9 macrumors member

Here's a great 3 pack off Amazon:

http://amzn.to/10dxQWB

6. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

I am using a Zagg Glass on my 6 plus. NO complaints. Its smooth and really clear.

7. Calismic macrumors member

Second for Ghost Armor. I've had every iPhone wrapped and I absolutely love it. I left my 5 on the roof of my car when placing my daughter in her carseat. Flew off going 35MPH, not a dent on it. =) If it starts to loosen they will replace it for free.

8. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I have the Zagg glass one also. I REALLY like it. I haven't used screen protectors for years because I hated the way they felt. But then a coworker had a glass one and it felt awesome. I just got the Zagg glass because that's what Best Buy had day one. Its also nice because it has a lifetime warranty so if I break my phone, I don't also have to worry about spending another $35 on a screen protector.

9. bhferguson macrumors member

I used Ghost Armor previously, but the company went through a re-branding, as I believe they are getting sued by Zagg. So there are only 4-6 Ghost Armor "stores" now where there used to be tons.

Clear-Coat has taken over the kiosks and business, and it's just as good, if not better, than Ghost Armor. It's a wet appliqué, and their all over coverage of the phone costs about $45 - and it is all over, back, sides, front. As a previous poster mentioned, lifetime warranty. This is the read deal, I have used it since the 5 as well and my phone stays mint all year round.

10. darkonex macrumors member

Always just get the dry apply ones from Xtremeguard for my phones. They always have 85% off coupon codes so you can get 6 for $5 shipped. I've tried several wet apply ones like Zagg and Skinomi which I currently have on my iPad mini and while they may be tougher they always have a wierd texture to them and wierd imperfections in them. My dry apply ones almost always go on without bubbles etc or if there are bubbles they are on the very edge not in view and covered by case anyway.

11. cmeisenzahl thread starter macrumors 6502

12. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

No, it's $9.99 if purchased at a kiosk. *fine print*

I got it this past weekend and I love it but all the additional fees kinda suck

13. nivekr11 macrumors regular

Tech Armor on Amazon are great for the money.

14. wonslung macrumors member

Another vote for zagg glass. It feels better than any screen protector. Already saved my plus screen. Only downside is the glass broke but lifetime warranty.

----------

To be clear I mean the screen protector glass broke. Not my iphone glass