What do you guys reccomend for a thin case!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wasbo, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Wasbo macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I just got my iphone 4 today (Canadian release) and I was wondering what case works with the SGP oleophobic screen protector and is thin. I was looking for something that was really thin and doesn't take away from the look of the phone. I was looking at the incipio feather but the reviews didn't look too well especially with the peeling of the case.

All help is greatly appreciated,
    Wasbo

2. dark5 macrumors member

I'm using the Case-mate Barely There. It's one large Apple logo hole away from perfection. Otherwise, there you can get an invisibleShield, but that's not a case.

3. Wasbo thread starter macrumors member

That case-mate case really does look nice..if only that logo was cut properly!

4. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Does the Case-Mate Barely There have a coating like the Incipio Feather cases to improve grip?

6. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Incipio Feather is probably my favorite thin case.

7. Buddhaluver macrumors regular

Buddhaluver

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'd want to see real pics, not just renderings, before considering it.

Every clear case I've seen in the past has tended to end up scuffed & scratched over time. Has your experience been different? I lean towards opaque cases for that reason.

9. Wasbo thread starter macrumors member

These are all great suggestions! Thanks

I think it's between the incipio feather and the Case-mate barely there..

what do you guys think?

10. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

As I said before. I love the feather. I actually broke one on my 3GS stupidly and Incipio sent me a brand new case free of charge. They have great customer service.

11. nyghthybrid macrumors member

caze zero 5

the caze zero 5 comes in a Grey color. so that would reduce the appearance of scratches quite a bit. always liked darker colored cases because of that.

i wanna know if the zero 5 covers the front glass. and agreed, i need to see pictures not renderings.

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Concur.

13. deeddawg macrumors 604

I honestly don't think it matters. Here's why.

In normal use, I'd have a screen protector installed anyway, so if I set the phone down face-down there's no issue. I'm not careless enough to put it face-down on rough or gritty surfaces.

In the event of a drop, this style protector isn't going to accomplish anything whether the edges extend past the front of the screen or not. Unless you've glued your iphone into the case, if it hits face side down the inertia of the phone will push the case backwards until the phone hits ground. While there would be a small specific set of angles the phone might fall on where the edge of the case hits first, I don't see that as enough of a probability to overrule other factors in selecting a case.

Thoughts?

14. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I would logically surmise that ANY clear case will scratch (or show scratches) quite easily despite manufacturers claims.

15. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

incipio feather is great

adds no bulk whatsoever
    love the texture too, adds a bit of grip to the iphone so it doesnt fly out of your hands

16. Rengoku macrumors newbie

I've been looking for a thin case as well, and right now, its between the Incipio Feather and the Case mate barely there. I was all set on getting the feather until I read the incipio thread on this forum. Apparently, after about a week of regular usage, the matte finish starts to peel off showing a different color underneath. Also some have reported issues with the flash.

The case mate so far from what I've read doesnt suffer from these problems, despite the ugly apple logo cut out, I think I might just have to settle for this one.

17. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

http://cgi.ebay.com/RUBBERIZED-BLAC...948744&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=6731796357672330538

That is the case I have. While it is not quite as thin as some of the others mentioned I am willing to sacrifice that for far more protection. The plastic on the case is about 1mm thick so it doesn't add much at all to the thickness of the phone and it adds about 2mm around the sides because it has to be able to snap together. The cut outs are spot on and it does have a lay on the table design. The rubberized texture feels great. It also works great with the SGP ex film set I had on and I have since switched to a PS front and rear and it works great with this set too. I also have a lucky labs clear decal around the outside so my phone should remain pristine in the case.

Plus you can't beat the $10 compared to the $25-$35 for most of the brand name cases.

18. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I have the case-mate barely there. I for one, LIKE the whole on the back because it shows off the nice apple logo. I like that it is extremely thin and adds a slight bit of grip on sides and back.

Head up, the front screen protector that comes with the case is pretty crappy. Shows rainbow oily reflections everywhere in the right lighting when the screen is off.

19. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm using a Black leather Belkin snap on case. It's thin, but it provides great protection on all sides, and the back as well.

20. bilbo--baggins macrumors 6502a

I noticed the clear Case Mate Barely There doesn't have a cut out for the logo. I'm tempted to give this a try. Is the clear version any different to the solid colours in terms of grip or durability?

21. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Seconded!! My friend has one and it's the nicest one I've seen and I've never really liked any case :)

22. trav54 macrumors newbie

trav54

23. DeePeezy macrumors member

Luxe Lean is my suggestion. However it looks like some of us might receive our ivyskins this coming week so you might want to sit tight and wait for reviews.

24. nyghthybrid macrumors member

me 2

i am too. i got the ultra black. i have the bodyguardz front and back on and it fits well. (case wouldnt fit with the side guards so i had to take em off).

25. Shawnstra macrumors regular

Incipio Feather. I've used one on my 3G, on my iPad and now iPhone 4. Fantastic. Great scratch proof and grippy material, and looks really sleek.