What do you guys think about the Ipod touch 4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodtouch4guy, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ipodtouch4guy macrumors newbie

when will mine come it says estimated deilvery between 15-17 so is it going to ship tomorrow since it says prepared for shipment?

2. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

I had an ipod touch 2g and moved to the new 4g model. I'm loving it! I hear a bunch of people crying about the low MP camera but it still takes great pics. The only gripe I have is that Apple didn't include a flash for the camera. Still, this is soooo minimal compared to all the cool features included. Every night I find something new such as voice searching, bluetooth keyboard functionality, etc... It was definitely worth the investment.

jedisaga

3. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

I went from 2nd gen to 4th (current) gen. It's been amazing.

All the great features of iOS4, two cameras whenever I need them, the new A4 chip which is more than noticeably faster, and the awesome display. :)

4. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Having a Droid Eris smartphone I was skeptical of getting another "smart device" and rather just paying for a nicer phone under my data plan. I decided I wanted a dedicated MP3 player and "apps" device and use my phone for on-the-go internet browsing, sports scores, email etc and preserve battery life.

It has been a great decision. The hi-res, ultra dpi screen on the Touch and amazing battery life (after figuring out multi-tasking) has been very useful. I am using it a lot for my grad classes believe it or not as a supplementary device. I bought GoodReader right off the bat and syncing PDF files (text books) and PPT to review for notes has been a portable life-saver! I look over notes while on the couch watching football, I'm in bed and scroll through ppt's. And for quick reference I have my textbooks loaded onto the Touch (200MB+) and they read awesome - many thanks to the great display res. And that's just for school!

I have been able to convert some cbr/cbz Scott Pilgrim to pdf to view for enjoyment and surprisingly it reads the comics very well. Watchmen is a little more condensed so I would not recommend doing entire reading sessions on it unless you don't mind some scrolling due to zoom.

Gaming is a fun little thing to do on the can lol and to pass some time while in the coffee shop etc.

So obviously I think highly of the iPod Touch 4G with having school in mind and it hasn't disappointed! I'm a big music guy and having iTunes on OS X is very well integrated and I like it as my music device. Always been a Nano guy, but since they seemed to have gone "backwards" with that line, the Touch was a great upgrade for myself.