What Do You Guys Think About This $200 Macbook Backpack? [pics]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VideoNewbie, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

this backpack looks really great but there are magnetic clasps

i read that magnets and laptops dont mix. true?

[​IMG]

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes it is safe. The retina Macbook Pro has a SSD drive that is not effected by magnetic fields. Even modern hard drives do not get erased or corrupted when near a magnetic field like those found in consumer goods.

3. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

dont magnets damage the liquid crystals (or whatever is in there) in the screen though?

the magnet has zero effect on the computer whatsoever? i just find that odd.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

They don't damage the screen. The only thing thing they could bother would be the reed switch that tells the laptop its screen is closed. But Apple has designed the switch so that the magnet must be directly over it to flip it.

5. FConquest macrumors newbie

i have that bag haha i put my rMBP in there whenever i need to go somewhere and no issues to report.

6. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

does it also fit an ipad?

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Seeing the iPad is a lot smaller than a MacBook Pro, yes it fits.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's more that the magnets used on the clasp just aren't strong enough to do anything like what you're talking about. If you got a powerful magnet, yes, but not one found in consumer products.

9. FConquest macrumors newbie

just a word of caution, the bag says it can fit up to 17' inch laptops in the laptop pocket, i think thats pretty hard to justify seeing as my 15' rMBP sticks out of the laptop pocket a few inches and its a pretty snug fit as well. other than that the bag is perfect with lots of room.

10. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

could you post an inside of the bag? id like to see if there is an additional padded area for the ipad? i know the incase bag has two slots one for laptop one for ipad.

does the laptop slot have an enclosure over it?

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I don't own it but no bag of this type is worth $200. I've had much better made bags (Brenthaven) that cost half that and still look brand new after 8 years.

12. Orlandoech, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012

Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

It's ugly and overpriced so don't buy it because that's what I think.

13. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

My pelican storm case costs less than that .... that backpack is ugly and ridiculous, $200 for that? I'd rather buy another SSD that waste $200 for that thing.
    there's much better around

14. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

15. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

It looks okay I suppose but that is a ridiculous price to pay for a bag. Why not just use a regular backpack that can fit all of items with your laptop?

16. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I bought this backpack a couple of weeks ago. It's not taylor-made for a Macbook, but it has similar aesthetics to your bag, and is significantly cheaper. The leather on your bag does look like it's higher quality, though. If you want any real-life pictures, let me know.

17. Dark Void, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012

Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I have used a standard backpack to carry my laptop around a few times - my point was that you do not need something that is marketed towards carrying a laptop, products like that - while genuine - are usually overpriced and overcompensate for where a standard backpack would suffice.

18. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

19. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

Hey if you like it and willing to spend the 200 go for it, never put a price on anything that makes you happy money comes and goes , when you die you cant take it with you...:apple:

20. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

It's pretty ugly and overpriced. Save your money and spend less then half of that for a different bag that can do that same function.

21. Orlandoech, Sep 2, 2012

Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

The function of carrying stuff, grocery bags can do this same "function" for much less.

22. Capt Underpants, Sep 2, 2012

Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

To be fair, Macrumors members aren't exactly known for their sense of style. Bags like this are pretty trendy these days. Personally, I'm not a fan of the black fabric with brown leather. But the leather is of high quality, and the clasps are unique and interesting. It's certainly better [read: more fashionable] than most laptop bags. Probably not something everybody could pull off, but if OP is young and dresses well, it shouldn't be a problem.

23. VideoNewbie, Sep 2, 2012

VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

!!!!! thank you. this is the last time i will ever post on this forum asking for feedback on a fashionable item

here is how a bag similar to the one i posted looks in real life on a fashionable gentleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. FConquest, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012

FConquest macrumors newbie

Sadly there is only 1 padded area for laptops which doesn't have a direct cover except for the top of the bag which is somewhat indirect. ill take pics and edit this post a bit later on.

EDIT: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

theres the back laptop pocket, and 2 little side pockets for phones/ipods ect. and thats pretty much it for the main compartment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.