What do you guys think about this Mac ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nerdyiman, Jul 27, 2014.

1. nerdyiman, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

nerdyiman macrumors member

Im posting this tread because i wanna have your opinion about my Mac in 2014 since i know that everyone is getting a rMBP now

MacBook Pro 13" mid 2012 :apple: :
    - i5 2.5GHz
    - 500GB HDD
    - 8GB of ram 1600Mhz DDR3 (recently upgraded)
    - Intel HD Graphics 4000

For those who actually have the same Mac, please let me know what do you think :)
    For all the others, what is the specs of your Mac :rolleyes:

2. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

Not sure what the purpose of your thread is? I have the same Macbook with the only difference that I only have 4GB of RAM. I like it a lot but for more portability just got myself a 11" Air. But I still think the 13" is a great machine and I plan to keep it more longterm but will probably put a 250GB SSD in and a 1 or 2TB HDD instead of the CD drive and make it a storage monster :)

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

4. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

completely agree with Meister :cool:

and at the moment still waiting for the simple haswell refresh to comeout so i can buy a 15' , but i do have a
    mid 2012 - 13"
    2.9 ghz i7
    8 gb of ram
    750 gb hdd

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its not a bad Mac depending on your usage and needs. Being a hard drive it will be slower, as will graphic tasks since the GPU is getting long in the tooth, but with that said, I think its a great computer.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

What do you actually do with your computer? I sometimes game and use some processor and GPU intensive apps, so to me, that computer is pretty crappy.

If all you do is browse the web and watch videos, then that computer is a fine choice.

It all depends on what you do with it.

7. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

OP don't listen to this. Your computer is still an excellent machine. You can do so much more than web and videos as you well know.

8. nerdyiman thread starter macrumors member

For the future what i wanna do is code, progamming, and maybe some final cut and photoshop!

9. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Without omitting relevant information, the poster did say he/she uses their machine for gaming and GPU intensive applications. That machine is pretty crappy compared to more powerful systems with a dedicated video card.

10. nerdyiman thread starter macrumors member

So for you the problem of this machine is the graphic card ?

11. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I play games. Therefore I require a system with a dGPU if possible. My usage is not the same as yours.

12. nerdyiman thread starter macrumors member

Well actually i play games too, in my case i play LoL Cod and try to play 2013 or even 2014 games in low quality