What do you guys think about TweakWeek?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lycanthroat, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

Hey all - just popped onto Cydia and saw two very interesting tweaks. One is called ArrangeStatusBar and lets you drag and drop (very much like on the Springboard using Gridlock) your status bar icons wherever you please! Friggin' awesome. Another one is called Randomflip - this is where when idling on your springboard, a random icon on the screen will do a cute little flip animation (it's very smooth). I know TweakWeek has been going for a while, but it's seriously one of the best things happening in the JB scene at the moment.

Just thought it would be awesome to discuss various tweaks/tid-bits that have come out of TweakWeek that people use often. I've seen that camera icon on the LS one (seems pretty cool, but useless to me) and the one where you slide your slider bar on the LS more than once.

BTW, the ones I've mentioned are by Elias Limneos (he's the current dev for this week).

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

So far I love it. It's a great idea that exposes potentially unknown devs to the community. I used CameraLock until I updated to iOS 5 beta 2 (really liking it).

3. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

While it is neat, nothing useful has come from it.

4. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I like it. Some cool tweaks i actually use

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Guess that depends. If CameraLock came out of this promotion, as referred to above, then I'd say something pretty damn useful to some of us did come from it. Useful enough that Apple's implementing the same feature in iOS 5--and actually more useful in that Apple's version doesn't work with alternate camera apps the way CameraLock does (I shoot with Camera+ routinely, not the default app).

The two for this week don't do anything for me, but I can see where some themers would love them. And anything that gets devs thinking about new and unusual tweaks is a plus in my book.

6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I love all the cool tweaks that have come from it.

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

ArrangeStatusBar is a great app, almost near perfect for what I'm looking for, but after resetting the status bar, whenever i tap the bar afterwards it kicked my iPhone into Safe Mode, so I had to uninstall. What I'm looking for is a tweak that will allow you to remove the statusbar from just the lockscreen, or something that will let us reposition the statusbar icons anywhere on the screen (like what andriod users can do).

CameraLock Plus is a great concept but didn't work for me. The icon shows up, but pressing it only unlock my iPhone, nothing more. Would be great if you could move it up.

8. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Agreed

9. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

10. jahoys macrumors regular

arrangestatusbar

was just updated. you can now lock the position you set the icons to.

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thanks for the post i was waiting for that fix