What do you guys think of all this "shine?"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by direzze, Nov 11, 2009.

1. direzze macrumors member

I'm starting to see a bit of a design trend in Apple's new products, that being "shine"

The latest iPod Nano, the new MacBook, the Magic Mouse - even iTunes is sporting a "shinier" interface

It looks like Apple is slowly ditching the matte look for the time being... do you think this is a sign of things to come?

I would hate to see the aluminum go on the MacBook Pro and iMac lineups, but do you think Apple would ever plate them with whatever the iPod nano is plated with?

When it comes to hardware, I like the matte look. It stays cleaner and doesn't look as cheap... but I'd definitely like to see more shine in OS X (like in the new iTunes interface) :p

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I believe the iPod Nano is also aluminum construction. The previous 3rd and 4th generation units were anodized aluminum. I'm not sure if the newest ones are still anodized and then polished or what, but I'm pretty sure the casing is still aluminum.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

They're also making their products clean looking (and aluminum). Look at the new MacBook, MacBook PRO, iPod touch, iPod nano, new keyboard, Magic mouse, iMac, it looks very cool:D I'm getting the MBP at the end of the year.

4. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

I'm not a fan, I like the glossy screen on my MBP but otherwise I think it makes stuff look cheap.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well, I like the clean look of all Apple's products. No seams, all smooth with no screws, no big un-needed ports... :D

6. direzze thread starter macrumors member

I agree. Shiny reminds me of my plastic HP laptop. Whenever my brother sees me using it, he taps on the plastic with his fingernail and it makes this wretched hollow plastic sound... so cheap.

Any way... I think the aluminum on the MacBook Pro and iMac has a bit of a matte look to it, more so than the iPod nano

7. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Mac hardware doesn't look cheap in my opinion.

8. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*