What do you guys think of these Cydia apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Oct 13, 2010.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

And their actually use and function. First is ScreenDimmer, which's purpose is obvious lol. Second and last is the DisableDaemons hacks for 4.x. Do they actually serve a reasonable purpose? Thoughts would be much appreciated guys :).

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I know nothing about ScreenDimmer, but can’t really see why you’d want it. Stay away from DisableDaemons.

3. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Alright, thanks I will avoid disabledaemons. I just wonder it's use, I figure dimming would be good, but I wiuld think it's akin to turning lightbulbs on and off. I could be wrong.

4. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

5. Caturday Yet? macrumors newbie

I just use SBSettings with the brightness toggle. Using Activator, slide the status bar, tap, adjust brightness, done.

6. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

That is an extremely manual process to something that is quite simple with ScreenDimmer.

S-

7. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I have it, like it, and find it useful. I don't like my phone locking when it is plugged in and ScreenDimmer fixes that. I don't like it locking quickly when I am using it unplugged and ScreenDimmer fixes that as well....while letting me save power.

It works as advertised! I would buy it again.

S-

8. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Ok sounds perfect, the iPhone 4 isn't the best on battery when used all the time lol. So an automatic dimmer would help. I'm seeing it has settings for the dim and turn off backlight, any suggestions on what's a good setting for these from your experience? I'm sure setting it to low would just cause it to have to be turned off and on heh.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I made my slide to unlock a tap to unlock, so I just have to press home and tap, so it’s no big deal to me to unlock. I’d rather do it than have something else using memory.