what do you guys think of this? (AntiScratch Shield Question)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JustMack, Oct 25, 2010.

1. JustMack macrumors member

2. steeler macrumors regular

No experience with the linked skin/shield. However, when I spend $1000 on a computer and am going to get a shield/skin/case for it, it will be a good one as indicated by personal experience or reviews of others.

Like you said, Zagg and Wrapsol are popular. There's a reason for that.

3. JustMack thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, steeler! I live in the UK and searching on ebay, this is the first thing that came up and was a much cheaper alternative.
    I wanted to know if anyone has ever used this and what their experience was with it. It seems to be the complete package, and it's matte too which was what I was looking for.

4. deeesea macrumors 6502

most skins are the same. seriously, having tried 3-4 companies for my phones the material is all the same. so anything is fine. but if you think that spending twice the amount cash needed to get the same thing because its brand name then by all means go for it.

5. JustMack thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, ok I'll have a try of this and let you guys know then.

6. wressus macrumors member

Did you buy it?? Its half the price compared to others(zagg, wrapsol etc)...

7. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

Looks interesting and seems to be a great idea. All we have out in my local area are the speck cases and they do nothing to protect from scratches on the keyboard area.

8. JustMack thread starter macrumors member

Sorry guys, totally forgot about this!! Haha =P

Yeh, I did get this and I have to say it's not bad! Bit of a pain in the arse applying it, and the top cover is too small imo. It doesn't reach the edges. The bottom part and keyboard cover/stickers are perfect though.

For being a cheaper alternative, it's good! But if you're wanting it to cover the WHOLE macbook pro, ie edge to edge then not too good.

Used it for a few months now, and my macbook pro is still looking sexy ;)

Hope this helps!