What do you guys think of this article?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Akula971, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Akula971 macrumors regular

Akula971

On Tomshardware
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Guide-Macs-Gaming,review-30289.html

I thought it was a bit biased, lacked depth, and and quite frankly out of date, and in parts just silly.:rolleyes:

I've seen people play Crysis on IMacs. Methinks the author is an idiot. He wants to get a view of gaming on an Imac so they install Vista? WTF? Memory hog monster!:eek:

Your thoughts?

2. eyecool macrumors regular

Seems like the authors assignment was to generate as many pages as he could so they could earn some more ad revenue. The review was vegetarian. Being a meat eater, it left me hungry after 17 pages of crumbs.

3. Jonny427 macrumors regular

lol this article is poorly translated (from French I assume) and has some very poor choices of machines. Some of their complaints include the lack of USB ports (uh.. add a hub?) and that the screen is reflective, both of which are general of any laptop, not specifically Apple's offering. Also, the decision not to use a mac pro is incorrect as they quoted Gen 1 specs.

The main thing they should of focused on was the differences between gaming in OSX and Windows, which was clouded by other useless information (who the hell would game through virturalization??).

The one thing I was suprised about was how the 8600M in the Macbook Pro can siphon off RAM in XP, which is pretty useful. I wish it could do that in OSX.

Anyways, enough of the rant. The article included a nice range of games and could have sumed it up in 1 page using 1 graph.

4. wpc33 macrumors 6502

wpc33

Should have

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I does seem like a bit of a biased article. I find it interesting that they feel the Apple drivers have errors, or problems.

6. fluidedge macrumors 65816

fluidedge

i've not even read the article yet (i will do) but i've read the title:

"Return of the Mac: Are They Any Good For Gaming?"

*sigh* do i need to read any further?

If you're remotely serious about gaming, you will not be buying any built computer, you'll almost certainly be buying parts and building up yourself.

Also everyone knows the mac is not a gaming platform.

Right i'll read the rest of the article now!

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

There seems to be a larger amount of people here that feel the Mac is a good platform for games. I just think it is a numbers game. More games will be released for Mac when there are more people buying the existing games and there are more Macs.