What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nido24, Jun 17, 2011.

1. nido24 macrumors newbie

Maybe I'm totally off and this idea is stupid. I just wanted to hear your opinions.

We all know that the Macbook really needs a refresh now. It's been over a year since the last one. But, here's my idea. What if Apple took the MacBook, slightly updated the specs, and reduced the price to $799? That way, people could get a Mac pretty cheaply and would learn how awesome Mac OS X is. Then, they would continue buying Macs later on. The lower price would making people shopping for a PC consider a MacBook instead, causing the popularity of Mac OS X to grow.

Just a thought. I appreciate your disagreements and agreements.:apple:

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Not going to happen. Lowering the price devalues the product. Apple doesn't want to look like the cheap stuff that's already out there.

3. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

the most you'll see is a $100 price drop, if anything at all (probably not), imo. i personally would love to see a new $999.00 model. plastic white/black (choice) unibody MacBook '11 - 13'' screen at 1440x900 resolution with a 2.4ghz i3, 4gb entry, nvidia gpu and 250gb hdd. i feel like a ton of something like that would sell. better layout:

2011 13.3'' Black/White Polycarbonate MacBook (1440x900 resolution)
    2.4 GHz Intel® Core™ i3 Processor
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 410M
    Serial ATA 7200 RPM 250 GB HDD

don't even know if such specs are possible as far as compatibility (mainly just the nvidia gpu, it's "certified for win7") but if so i'd buy it. o.o