What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by direzze, Nov 13, 2009.

1. direzze macrumors member

I had an old domain sitting around, so I figured I might as well use it

My brother came up with the idea for a "funny quotations" site, so I ran with it

I am using the P2 WordPress theme with some additional plugins.

what do you guys think so far?

http://www.wallbomb.com/

Looking for constructive criticism

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the layout looks good, but i think it needs more life and colour. check out Digg's design for ideas, it has a similar layout to yours. this is from a person whos never designed a website btw.

3. zlinuk macrumors member

I agree, the layout is clean which makes the site easy to use, but i think it needs a little colour to bring it to life. I also love the content, nice one.

4. direzze thread starter macrumors member

Thanks to both of you for your feedback

I was going for a clean cut design, but I agree it does need a bit more colour

Perhaps I'll add a soft gradient for the background and maybe add a few graphics here and there

I also plan on making a Christmas version for late November, so that will definitely have a lot of color and be a bit more lively

Glad you like the content, I laugh as I post them :p

5. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

For a site with simple quotations, get rid of all this stuff:

[AVATAR] Posted by admin 9:50 pm on November 13, 2009 | 0 Replies Permalink | Reply
    Tags: dumb (18), politics (11)

It's always the same, and just gets in the way of moving from one quote to another.

6. direzze thread starter macrumors member

The only thing is though, it would be cool if it had multiple contributors and for that I'd like their usernames to show. The date is also good because it lets people know that the site is being updated.

I do agree though that this information is not as important as the quotes themselves, so I've shifted all of it to underneath each quote until I decide what I need and don't need

Thanks for your suggestion

Also, do you think maybe I should do away with tags and just make those keywords categories? And just have it so that the categories can be selected from the sidebar and not in the posts themselves? Because you're right, it is very repetitive