what do you guys use to clean the iphone screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by huskerwr38, Jul 21, 2008.

1. huskerwr38 macrumors member

So I just got my white iphone 3g today, and it's the first time I've ever owned one. Anyways, I didn't realize how dirty and greasy it gets! What do you guys use to clean the phone with?

2. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I use eyeglass lens cleaner, and lens tissues. I use them for my camera lenses and other optics as well. The stuff dries quick and doesn't streak, and is perfect for removing fingerprints and face-gunk.

You can get them at any LensCrafters or Pearl Vision center.

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Put a skin on it (invisi-shield, BSE, bodyguardz, etc..) and it wont get as smudgy looking and dirty. Plus it wont get scratched.

5. newyorksole macrumors 68020

If I'm not around water then I lick my pinky and wipe it on the screen and then wipe the screen with my shirt.

When I'm at home I use the cloth that came with it, because it works well. I would take the cloth with me when I go out but I lost 2 before.

6. rioja macrumors regular

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I use the little cloth it came with 2-3 times a day.

Every other day or so I get one little drop of water on my pinky and dab it in the middle of the screen. I then rub the surface very firmly with either toilet paper or a soft-style paper towel. (Not the rough kind you'd find in a public restroom.)

Then, I repeat that with the back.

I find that's all it needs.

8. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I put the anti-smudge/glare screen protector on mine, so I usually just use my t-shirt, shirt or paper towel and it's fine.

9. Dayron14 macrumors member

same here!:D

10. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

11. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Word! Works good enough for me.

12. elbirth macrumors 65816

Yeah I just use my shirt as well. Come on people people, the iPhone's screen is GLASS. It does not scratch just by looking at it like the iPod (non-touch) screens do, which have a plastic coating. Heck, even the back of my iPhone 3G doesn't show a single scratch and I've kept it naked in my pocket every day since I got it on July 11. This thing is much more resilient than anyone is giving it credit for.

Having said that, I do have a big micro chamois cloth that I've wiped it down with once when I just wanted to clean it up from any of the oils from my hands... no cleaning solution used though... but this isn't something I feel the need to regularly do. In fact, if you let it stay smudgy instead of constantly trying to keep it spic 'n span, you'll notice the smudging much less in general because it won't stand out so much

13. Bambeezer macrumors regular

Rubbing alcohol. Gets the screen squeaky clean.

14. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

i got a screen protector on it. it works like magic:apple::apple:

15. huskerwr38 thread starter macrumors member

where did you guys get your screen protector, the apple store?

16. huskerwr38 thread starter macrumors member

where did you guys get your screen protector, the apple store? And how much was it?

17. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

iKlear works wonders. I clean iPhone then use it to clean my monitors, laptop screens and TV. All my other appliances benefit from me cleaning my iPhone on consistent basis.

18. mattrobs macrumors member

My jeans pocket seems to do the cleaning for me.

19. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

I keep my iPhone in one of the Oakley sunglasses soft pouches which of course doubles as a cleaning cloth.

20. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It must work like magic. People keep answering this question with 'screen protector' and nothing else.

So when you get skin oil and sweat on the screen protector, it just magically takes care of that? I'd still think you'd need to get the sweat off of the protector somehow. But based on the posts I'm reading...you don't?

(Same question to you "shirt" people. After you wipe the oil and sweat around in a circle with your shirt...then what?)

21. ssmith1005 macrumors newbie

I use "opti-mist" It's a lens cleaner for glasses, tv's, cameras, iphone...etc

I spray a couple shots on a soft washcloth, and rub the iphone around in the washcloth, comes out feeling new every time, no slimy slippery feeling :D

22. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Ohhh in my white-T!!!

Translation: I use my undershirt.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

I put my 1st gen into the washer and dryer often but it kept violating the warranty. And I found that it didn't work as well as before I put it in. But I think that was an OS issue

All kidding aside - I have a screen protector on mine and don't have any issues.