What do you keep your iCloud settings to? Fetch or push?

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Wirelessly posted

I need to figure out what is causing my usage time to constantly go up with standby.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Do you have Facebook a lot of people are reporting usage and standby figures mating because of a glitch in the app

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
i feel like it has something to with my icloud email... but i'll give it a shot

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
what if i turn my pushing on icloud off, and everything else to manual..will icloud still sync my contact even if my icloud email isn't on fetch or push

what exactly is push? i see it as its constantly checking and would waste more battery

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Use facebooks web app looks and feels just like the real app without the well....SUCKINESS of the native app

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Push or fetch makes no difference to be honest well it dosnt for me. Certainly dosnt cause your issue

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
I use Fetch 15mins. Since updating to iCloud from MobileMe, Push never seems to work on my iOS devices for some reason. Yet on my other phone it's set to Push and does work, so not sure wats going on. But fetch works grand anyway so no hassles.

----------

Wirelessly posted

I figured one was checking more

Doesn't Push just work like a phone call?

It just means the email is pushed to your phone straight away rather later when you poll (Fetch) new mail. Push doesn't require the phone to be constantly polling, otherwise your phone would be just constantly Fetching and thereby there would be no need for them to Push anything!!! I just made my brain ache!

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
I use Fetch 15mins. Since updating to iCloud from MobileMe, Push never seems to work on my iOS devices for some reason. Yet on my other phone it's set to Push and does work, so not sure wats going on. But fetch works grand anyway so no hassles.

----------

Doesn't Push just work like a phone call?

It just means the email is pushed to your phone straight away rather later when you poll (Fetch) new mail. Push doesn't require the phone to be constantly polling, otherwise your phone would be just constantly Fetching and thereby there would be no need for them to Push anything!!! I just made my brain ache!
okay that kind amakes sense. i i'll go from manually polling to push.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.