What do you like about 4.3.1 over 4.2.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Apr 4, 2011.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I think the double vibrate for texts is cool but I dont know if that's enough to make me upgrade.

I have a replacement i4 that came with 4.2.1 a few weeks ago and used greenpois0n. Now dev team has an untethered jailbreak for 4.3.1 (used redsn0w last night on my iPad first gen 32gig I picked up from Verizon over the weekend which came with 3.2.2 stock and was REALLY outdated so I updated to 4.3.1 on it -- and LOVE this iPad, especially since it was on clearance).

But now that it's a jailbreak option (4.3.1 that is), what do you like about 4.3.1 over 4.2.1?

I know "if it's not broke, don't fix it" and I generally prescribe to that philosophy, as I was using 4.0.1 on my original launch day i4 until 4.1 got jailbroken by geohot a la limera1n and then 4.2.1 (and replacement swap) when greenpois0n came out... but I'm just curious!

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Various speed improvements in Safari.

More things in the system can use Airplay. Useful for AppleTV owners.

iTunes home sharing has been great for watching videos from my computer to my phone.

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Third party apps having AirPlay support (StreamToMe, specifically), removed the need to spend days re-encoding all my movies and television shows to iOS compatible formats.

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I haven't used AirPlay once and I have Apple TV and iPad too.

5. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

i WOULD like faster safari, but the huge drop in battery life is making me hold off?

6. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I thought 4.3 had battery problems and 4.3.1 fixed it, or is this not the case?

If it munches battery, I'm more than fine with 4.2.1.

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

The new Nitro JavaScript engine in Safari is great!

8. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I had many problems with 4.3 involving the battery. Haven't had the issue with 4.3.1, especially after disabling Ping.

9. err404 macrumors 68020

Agreed. Battery life in 4.3+ have been excellent for me. While I'm sure there are valid bugs that could effect battery life in 4.3, I've never experienced them. 4.3.1 should further reduce the likelihood of a rouge process consuming power.

10. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Hmmm I'll hold off for now then I think. Not worth the battery life gamble for little improvements (for my usage).