What do you like about your car's color?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by irain, Jul 5, 2007.

1. irain macrumors regular

irain

What do you like about your car's color?

I have a fire engine red firebird. I would have chosen fire engine red for any automobile. That tone of red is just eye-catching. I want people's heads to turn. And fire engine red was about as vibrant as I was willing to go. I would have done yellow, but my dad's boxster is yellow. I wanted to be a bit different.

You guys?

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

My wife refuses to get red cars not because it catches everyone's attention, but that it attracts the attention of certain black and white cars...

Our car is silver. Kind of boring, but it looks nice.

3. irain thread starter macrumors regular

irain

Yeah, I know what you're talking about with those certain black and white cars. Ugh, I'm getting my license in 20 days, wish me luck in avoiding their attention.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Just getting your license and you'll be tooling around in a firebird? I think the B&Ws are going to get to know you just fine. ;)

Me, I drive a white car, as it helps hide the beach sand most effectively.
    :D

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Dark silver. I like it 'cause it hides the grime rather well. :p

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I have a black car. Hate the colour. I dislike black in general, so no black cars, clothes, etc.

I only chose black because I didn't want to wait 1 week for white, 2 for red, or 3 for yellow. I may hate black, but hey, it's just a colour, and it's just a car. :)

I'm sitting on the inside, which is nice.

7. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Ummm i dont get it:eek:

8. shecky Guest

shecky

silver; because it looks cleaner while dirty better than any other color.

9. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

the cars that pull you over and make you pay money for going to fast :)

10. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

My car is a '98 Land Rover Discovery "white gold", its pretty much silver with a slight tint of gold. I like it because it never looks very dirty because its pretty neutral and I've never seen any other car (other than a discovery) in the same color. My car isn't like gold or tan or dark tan, its not as intense, which I like.

My dad also has an 03 Discovery. His is black which is pretty flashy except for when its dirty. In the spring it turns yellow from the pollen, in the winter it instantly looks brown from road dirt. The nice thing about this Discovery is that it has "alpaca tan" (I think its called) seats but it has black carpet. Light colored seats usually have light colored carpet and in places that sand their roads, it totally ruins the carpet.

My Mom has an 05 Touareg which is a dark blue gray color. Generally I don't think blue cars look very good, but I think the T-reg looks good in it. However, it suffers some of the same issues that my dad's discovery has with the darker color.

My sister has my moms old Grand Cherokee. Its white and I think its a good color for the car. It doesn't show dirt or scratches unlike black.

My dads commuter car is a 1998 Cutlass which is tan. I think the color is too intense. My mom calls it "new england road dirt color". Its so bland and makes it look like even more of an old person car than it is.

We want to replace the 03 Discovery with an LR3 in Chawton White, which is a slightly off-white color.

11. Eclipse278 macrumors regular

Silver Saturn SC1 to match my macbook pro, of course!

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I will have a 1990 Toyota Pickup (Hi-Lux, for some of you) It's a silver color, it looks very nice on small cars!

I despise white cars. Maybe because that's all my parents have ever owned? (Sans my mom's dark blueSuburban and the Toyota)

13. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

That it's not really a hue color. It's #000000. What I enjoy most is that the bank doesn't own it, we do. That's my favorite color.

14. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

My car is Aztec Red. It looks nice and I do like it but it was not my first choose when I got my Spec V.

I really like the Blue Nissan was using but those cars all had sun roofs and I need that extra head room that a sun roof eats up. But it better than boring white. Red was my 2nd choice and oddly enough was the color of my car that it was replace which oddly enough was a red sentra S-ER as well just 12 years older.

15. GnarleyMarley macrumors 6502a

GnarleyMarley

My Audi A4 is "Laser Red". I used to hate red cars and never thought I would be driving one myself, but I came across this car and the red didn't bother me. it actually looks great on this car. Maybe because it's German? German cars always look nice in red. Can't beat red paint, dark tint, and all black leather interior.;)

16. KristieMac macrumors 6502a

KristieMac

My 2002 Cougar is also Laser Red. I love her, she's gorgeous! I vastly prefer the deeper, metallic laser red to the cherry or fire-engine reds. Plus, I found a nail polish that matches my car perfectly, so now we are both swank. :p

17. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

My truck is green. I hate it and my wife hates it. love the truck, tho...

18. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i like that it's so different from any other color i've owned or any color my family's owned. growing up, i really don't remember the last time any car we owned wasn't black or white. i'm happy with it. honda calls it "new formula red." :)

19. zflauaus macrumors 65816

My truck is fire-engine red. I think it makes it look tough and also shines when it's freshly washed.

My mom's Buick LaCrosse is a maroon that, when clean, looks very nice and elegant.

My sister's Chevrolet Cobalt is black which is very sleek. It also shines when it just got washed as well.

Don't really know why we like it, just how we are I suppose.

20. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I don't care so much about the cops as I do that brightly colored cars (red and yellow) cost more to insure.

I used to own a black Honda CRX Si and absolutely hated the color only because it made the car blazing hot inside (I was burned several times by hot metal and even my steering wheel). However, I loved the look of the color because it had gold fleck in it so it sparkled in the sun.

I don't follow. In my experience with cars that have sunroofs they all (~5) had increased headroom because of the sunroof opening being thinner than the top of the car, even the type that hides inside the roof when open (like my wife's Jeep Liberty). I even have a family friend who buys all his cars with sunroofs (he used to lease only) because he is a tall Italian guy with lots of curly black hair and needs the extra headroom.

Currently I own a Blue Dodge Neon and love the color because it looks great with the alloy rims and went perfectly with my old Virginia plates (I since moved out of the state). I also own a green Jeep Liberty and love the color, although my wife wanted blue but green was in stock and we had a time crunch. Years later she agrees, that particular green is beautiful on a Jeep.

Of course, in the end, color is highly subjective (especially for the color blind, like me).

21. walangij macrumors 6502

I have a Black Magic Pearl GTI, it and I like it. Main reason, looks AMAZING at night when cruising around. I have a love hate relationship b/c it is hard to keep it clean and have that wet looking perfect shine. Good thing about that is that I've become a hardcore amateur detailer along with my brother. I mean, the quality we put out is show-car shine, but only for us b/c its a hobby not a business haha. He has a candy white car (used to have silver, looked clean all the time but never shone like BMP or CW), and it always looks amazingly clean and does my car now since I'm in asia, hopefully it is amazing when I get back.

22. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

Dark green. Hate the colour, but I've proven that it's the color that keeps a 'clean' look for years. Didn't wash my previous dark green car for 3 years (except for the headlights and the windows of course) and people could not
    believe it. Soon my kids will be old enough to be able to wash the car so we can broaden the spectrum...

23. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Black: looks great when clean. Then there's the majority of the time I drive it around. ;)

24. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Clear is a great color especially because you can't see it.

25. After G macrumors 68000

After G