What Do You Like Best About Your 2010 MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wirelessmacuser, May 17, 2010.

1. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

As a longtime PowerBook / MacBook Pro User, I must say these new 2010 Core i Series MacBook Pro's are fantastic.

I've now purchased three, one at a time. Originally I bought an i7 for myself, and once I used it for a few days I was so very impressed, I ordered another and gave my original to a family member.

The second one arrived, was every bit as great as the first so I gave that one to my wife and ordered a third for myself.

I'm composing this from the third one.

Each of these are configured the same as you see in my signature below. We now have three powerful new MBP's that will serve us well into the future. Since these have been so good I thought I would ask those of you who are happy with yours to post here.

Tell us what you like best about your new Mac.

What I like best about my new 2010 15" MBP is the speed. It's the single fastest upgrade I've experienced. Since I upgrade to a new Mac at each release of a new model, I've had a bit of experience with them. This one is noticeably faster than any of the rest from one generation to the next. I could not be happier.

Cheers...

2. Kvalnir macrumors newbie

Kvalnir

3. Hadron macrumors regular

Great screen - size, resolution and brightness (another 15" matte HR).

The trackpad. Two-finger inertial scrolling is great (a favourite feature of my Logitech Vx Nano, and now I have it even without attaching the mouse!), and with BetterTouchTool to customize gestures navigation between apps & spaces is very intuitive. I hadn't given this much thought before buying, but it's on my requirements list from now on.

And if I get linux withdrawal I have Ubuntu Lucid in a virtual machine which boots and runs faster than my old (admittedly not very powerful) laptop did natively :)

4. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Speed of the Core i5 and the beautiful glossy Samsung 9CA4 Display Panel...just beautiful for watching movies and tv shows in 720p... I like just about EVERYTHING about my new 15" MBP (the inertial scrolling, the bright backlit keyboard, the gorgeous ultra-thin Unibody construction to name a few more) but these are the two that continue to blow me away...:D

5. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

Another vote for the 15" HR screen. I took a gamble (I ordered without seeing one in the flesh) and I couldn't be happier.

6. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

I too love how fast the i7 is, and the fact that it has decent upgradability potential in the fact that I can put in a SSD and 8GB RAM and make it even faster.

BTW you are a very generous fellow lol.

7. Tanegashima macrumors 6502

Silent and excelent screen!

2nd Mac and it's a 15" MBP low end with HR+AG screen.

8. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

THE SIZE! I went with the 13-inch model and it's so fricken cute. My favorite feature of it is the SUPERB battery life. I can do live shows on stickam for like 5 hours with it, it's great.

9. jmdMac macrumors regular

Honestly a post titled "What do you like least about your 2010 mbp" would be much easier to answer.

I don't even know where to begin. This is my first mac after many years of windows.

I'm just going to throw out a couple things that make this Mac awesome!

Brilliant screen: so bright and sharp
    Backlit keyboard: how did I ever get by without it is what I'm wondering...
    Heat and sound: what heat or sound? I don't hear or feel it.
    APPS!: so many great ones, I am just going to say BetterTouchTool for now. It's the BEST!
    Big glowing apple on the back of it: it's always a treat to see it as I normally am facing the screen :D

Many more to add...but I don't want to make this a marathon post.
    Regards,
    John

10. macDonalds macrumors 6502

• Build Quality
    • Quiet as a mouse
    • Touchpad
    • Weight
    • Battery life
    • Screen
    • Keyboard
    • OS X
    • The ability to run VMWare and develop .NET Applications
    • Built-in development tools to create OS X, iPhone and iPad applications
    • Now that Steam is out I can play games natively (will only get better with time)
    • Time Machine for backups
    • Spaces
    • Expose

11. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Very good chances I'll be getting one at the end of this summer, and I'm thinking about getting the high-resolution screen, anybody here have any issues with text being too small on the screen or any other issues with these machines (and I mean anything, no matter how small)?

12. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

13" is my first MacBook. Had a MacMini for 5 years now.

There are a few things a love about my MBpro:

- Fast startup
    - TrackPad
    - No worries of antivirus
    - Quality of build

13. bigjobby macrumors 65816

If there was 'one' thing I love about the MBP is spaces in which I often use 4 of them. Its like quadrupling my real estate and its so easy to move between them!

14. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

15. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

Holding it close to my chest and giving it a big hug. Then setting it back down, open it, wait for the tingling to stop, then begin being productive.:apple:

16. cyclical macrumors regular

17. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

This is my first Mac and I love it. Its different from other laptops because the build quality is superior the screen is amazing and what I like the best is that its super quit for a high performance laptop. I owned the Dell Studio XPS 16 and that was nice but loud and heavy. The 15" MBP is the perfect size and the battery life is incredible compared to Windows notebooks. I couldn't be happier :cool:

Now just to pay it off :p

18. hypermog macrumors regular

The sexy looks I get from hotties at Starbucks

19. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

I love that

the great Apple experience I've had with their desktops over the last 15 years is now also a portable possibility for me.

My productivity school-wise will increase by having a portable Mac at my deposal.

As this is my very first laptop, I'm thrilled that I can continue to use Macs anywhere in my home (I don't intend to take the portable out since my schooling will be strictly online as of this Fall).

The ease of use, readability of the text (on the 13), long battery life, along with the aforementioned pluses are why I'm enjoying my new MBP.

20. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

How cool it runs. Unless I'm doing something CPU intensive the casing is actually cool to the touch. And even when I'm doing something taxing the palm wrests only get slightly warm. Also the matte screen is gorgeous. I forgot entirely about reflections until I sat down at my brother's 13" unibody macbook. Those reflections are so distracting!

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The fact that it is faster than my 2003 Powerbook.

22. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

WINNER!!!!! :cool:

23. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

The thing I like the most is that now i am only spending less then 1% of my time waiting when editing photos with my old mac mini I was spending about 90% of the time just waiting for the computer.

24. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

The keyboard, the Screen! I love this thing to the max. I got it the day it was launched at the Apple Store. Upgraded to 8gb memory and 200gb SSD. This thing is blazingly fast.

I play games most of the time and doing schoolwork. The BEST thing I feel about this computer is the KEYBOARD. It just feels right.

I go with the 15" i7 HR AG MBP. Couldn't be happier!

25. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

all you guys stated what i was going to say. my mbp pretty much pimped my other laptop :D