Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
Expose, Quicksilver, the built-in Dictionary, Adium, Shiira's tabbed expose, Dashboard, and last, but not least, OS X's beauty.

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
Well, hmmm... not at work but visiting my girlfriend's parent house (Dell)... miss EXPOSE and DOCK the most! :) They're gettin' a new mac soon cuz they like mine :D

Applespider

macrumors G4
Quicksilver often, Exposé occasionally and Spotlight lots. The lack of spell check is also irritating since although I'd consider myself an above average speller, there are times where OS X's built in checker catches the odd miskey or less common word!)

Searching through messages in Outlook is criminally slow since it seems to do them in the order they were received. I'd probably use Spotlight more on the work PC than I do at home on my Mac.

I also keep trying to hide windows on a relatively regular basis, create tabs in IE (at work, we can't install Firefox) and spend time wishing that IE had Safari's History feature.

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
Guys (and gals),

Stop responding to this thread. I eventually figured it out, jonomo is a Microsoft employee fishing for new Vista features!

Hush, Hush! Secrecy!

:D

HermanTheGerman

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2006
Palad1 said:
Guys (and gals),

Stop responding to this thread. I eventually figured it out, jonomo is a Microsoft employee fishing for new Vista features!

Hush, Hush! Secrecy!

:D

Consumer oriented product development...another foreign word in Redmond. Guess jonomo is out of the woods, then.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Lots, but expose comes up often for me at work (the only place I still use windows regularly).

Oh, and the spell-checker built into the OS is a great thing too.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
When I am using Windows, I miss almost everything about Mac. But here are the top 3 things that I miss:

1)Exposé
2) Dashboard
3) The stability and ease of use that is Mac OS X (no blue screen of death for Mac! :) ).

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Besides the obvious Windows security issues.........

I miss knowing exactly where everything goes.

None of those obscure win/32/blahblah file names going somewhere on your system never to be found again.

The freedom to trash MS Internet Explorer if I want to!

System wide Spell Checker, Spotlight, My Dock settings, PGP Desktop encryption, Toast, and my Home folder.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Securely remove device (or whatever it is called) on Windows is also inferior to all Finder's ways to eject connected devices, in fact the whole System Tray (is that what it's called?) blows.

Mine is in and out like a yo-yo.

Not to mention umpteen messages (especially just when you've started up) and more messages telling you it is hiding the icons you are not using.

The other thing is you never know what you are going to get when you click on one. Sometimes it's a window, sometimes it's a menu...

If you look closely, you'll notice that there are two 'x's in the top right-hand corner of Excel (in every Office app, actually). If you click the outer-most one, it closes the app, but if you click the inner 'x' it will simply close the active document.

See that's just confusing have two icons that look the same but do completely different things.

Boxer

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2006
Overland Park Kansas
The general Mac feeling of stability. The mac to me feels like it is a built better. Not the hardware, but the OS. I love it. The hardware sucks though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.