What do you most expect from MAC AIR?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samueltan, Jan 14, 2008.

1. samueltan macrumors newbie

Mine~~~More slim and backlite keyboard like macpro

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

There's nothing rumoured to be called the MAC AIR... you could call it what it's rumoured to be called for a start, and you could get rid of the CAPS that make you look oh so newbie-ish... in fact there's already a product in Japan, from Apple, called the Air Mac.

Aren't there threads on this already ?

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

What is a Mac Air? A lighter version of the Mac Pro?

4. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

The MacBook Air is the rumoured name of the sub-notebook that is rumoured will be tomorrow at macworld.

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I was just thinking about this... and here's what I came up with.

back to my mac using AT&T's cellular network, anywhere in the US, free to .mac subscribers.
    32 or 64 gigs of flash memory. (w/ option for additional 1.8" HDD)
    13" screen
    5 hour battery life
    LED display
    Aluminum exterior
    1 gig DDR2 RAM
    $1200
    external optical drive, or simply connect your mac to a mac equipped with an internal optical drive via firewire and use that mac's drive.
    Full OS X

Discontinuation of the "Macbook" line. Now, you can have a Macbook Air, or Macbook Pro. No Macbook, just like there's no Mac.

OR.....

back to my mac using AT&T's cellular network, anywhere in the US, free to .mac subscribers.
    8 or 16 gigs of flash memory.
    11" screen
    3 hour battery life
    LED touchscreen display
    Aluminum exterior
    512mb RAM
    iPod touch version of OS X
    external optical drive, or simply connect your mac to a mac equipped with an internal optical drive via firewire and use that mac's drive.
    $500

But somehow I don't think Apple is going to be releasing a Macbook Air anytime soon...

6. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

Apple have commissioned ZAP (http://www.zapworld.com/) - Zero Air Pollution, who have already said they are going to preview a "Made for iPod Car" at Macworld (and whose website is currently undergoing maintenance) to make an electric iCar or AirCar:

"There's something in the air ... Pollution, but driving an Apple AirCar you won't be adding to it."

7. jatkins123 macrumors newbie

so the fact that even YOU knew what he was talking about means that it was obvious enough ...so when i look across and see your status as "contributer" i fail to see how you are contributing to the forums at all with posts like this...but im sure he appreciates the advice about the caps...because other than world peace and global warming not having to read caps lock is probably the biggest concern of our generation

in reply to the original poster

i would hope for some sort of multi-touch interface utilised to bring this closer to becoming the norm on a lot of macs...such an innovation on the iphone, could revolutionise the computer interface system if introduced and utilised properly...other than that...anything innovative to keep apple's current momentum rolling would be good

we can hope

8. WorldIRC macrumors 6502

Airmac is their Airport router.....comes in Extreme or Express.

9. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

no chance

10. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

All you need to do to get a Contributor title is give money.

11. ibizarocks macrumors regular

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo put the handbag down!:p