What do you people do with your Macs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UltraNEO*, Sep 12, 2010.

1. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Just found this on fleaBay... It's crazy!! :eek: It's bent but still working!

and no.. it's not mine... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

How...how does that work?? Isn't that where the hard drive lives? I know that's where the HD is in a white macbook from when I swapped out a screen on one. That's nuts...I can't believe it actually works.

3. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

That's definitely where the HD is :eek: I can't imagine how that's still working, or how the logic board looks like. Lucky lol.

4. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

Ugly, but not nearly as bad as what that guy did to the MacBook Air that I had bought from him (which I reconditioned and sold to someone else who really wanted a Mac). In his case he decided to do an LCD replacement on his own and really didn't do a good job. Worked great - just aesthetically not pleasing, same thing.

I've found that not many people really treat their machines in accordance with the price they paid for them. My 17" was over $2300, and it shows, even though I've owned it for months, it's like the day I bought it. The only way you could tell it'd been used is the wear of the coating on the spacebar where my right thumb has been contacting it over and over.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

that poor mac! i wonder what happened to it! i bet an angry PC user got at it! :mad:

6. UltraNEO* thread starter macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

... I can't but think, the seller of the above machine must be seriously desperate to recuperate some of his/her loses by auctioning the thing..

Honestly, who in their right mind would buy? The trackpad is busted, so is the superdrive and I can only speculate here; but i'd imagine the HD isn't too hot nor is the display considering.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

for that price i would probably buy it ;) use it as a very low powered server :D

awsome!

8. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

The HDD is not affected by that bent as it's on the right edge of the chassis. I don't care about the optical drive and the logic board could be untouched as the bending point is at the right edge of the trackpad where it ends.

So for someone with severe damage and no warranty it might make sense to purchase.

9. tiv94 macrumors newbie

Accidents happen. Reminds me of when I spilt a glass of coke on my MacBook Pro 15" after having it for two weeks :-(

10. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

The logic board is probably still good. The ram, probably still good. Looking at the damaged area, the HD is good. The edge of the disk drive is in the most damaged area so thats why it's busted. The battery might still be good. The display housing looks all right. etc.

not a surprise that it's being sold. It's not useless. If the logic board had snapped in half then, it wouldn't be such a steal. Someone with patience can throw it into a new enclosure.