what do YOU predict the next iPhone to be?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobbySkateboard, Sep 12, 2011.

1. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

I'm sick of seeing people post up crap listing low specs for the iPhone 4s/5 whatever you want to call it. I want to know what the people who DON'T start topics believe the next iPhone will have.

I think there will be two models, a buffed up iPhone 4 that they'll call 4s and then the actually iPhone 5 which will have:
    A5 chip
    8 mp cam with 1080p recording
    better battery
    available in 32 or 64 gigs
    4 inch screen
    I'm not so keen on what the insides of the phones are but that's why I made this, to see what you smarter folk think.

2. Ayman250 macrumors member

Ayman250

As far as what the next iPhone will feature i can't say. I can however tell you what i would like. (I will add some software wishes as well, & keep in mind i have never used iOS5)

A5 Chip
    (Not down clocked from the iPad Version like the a4 in the iP4_)
    Atleast 4" screen.
    (I currently use an HTC Phone on the android platform with a 4.3" screen and it makes the experience amazing and is very gorgeous. )
    Tapered Edges
    WiMax/LTE
    (WiMax assuming it is released on Sprint's network)
    Thinner form factor
    Status bar similar to that of android
    (Just a better notification system would be great)
    8mp Camera
    1080 30fps Capable camcorder
    1GB Ram would be great
    1800+Mah Battery

I know im asking for a lot but that's what i would like to see.

3. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I choose not to believe in Apple releasing a low end iPhone on top of the new model. Their sales improve dramatically every year and they only offer one new model while retaining production on the previous generation on a much smaller scale. Now as for the specs of this new iPhone..

Obviously an A5 chip at 800Mhz-1Ghz for each core.
    512Mb of availible RAM.
    3.7in-4.0 inch screen. Any more screen and the device would be bigger.
    8MP camera although a 5MP with a better sensor would be better.
    1080P video recording.
    1.7MP-2.0MP front facing camera that will be marketed as "HD" Facetime.
    3G HSPA+ for AT&T and the regular 3G network for Verizon and Sprint.

4. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

I am really not sure.

I have noticed however (and that could be just me) that further we move along the time axis the less "information" there is about something ground breaking... 'Not much changed' is what the rumour mill and "usually well placed and reliable sources" are reporting, or so it seems to me anyhow...

5. Bkfraiders7 macrumors member

Mostly this. I am hoping for 1GB of Ram (more for future proofing)
    And am praying for a 4inch screen. Coming from a 3.7 inch screen I still want a little bigger.

But what I whole heartedly agree with is the updated front facing camera marketed as HD FaceTime...especially after they did it on the MBP/MBA. Good catch btw too, haven't seen that mentioned before.

6. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I predict it not to be the phone I wish Apple would create, and force me to be first in line for the Nexus-Prime.

Unless the iPhone5 has this; 4" or larger screen...Widgets...Flash allowed in iOS...4G/LTE radio...higher res than current "retina"...

7. Illumination macrumors regular

I predict no new iPhone at all. Maybe a '4S' with the A5. That's it.

I think the next big iPhone will be the 'iPhone 4G' in 2012.

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

It better be either an iPhone 5, or an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S.

Anything else is unacceptable after such a long wait.

9. leon44 macrumors 6502

leon44

I just hope that one day I'll get my FM radio...

10. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I beg to differ.

----------

Why? Then one of the few still unlimited users like me can't laugh and say just load radio over cellular data. All joking aside.. I really do wonder why an FM radio was never present especially now to help limit data use for the tiered users.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

why so?

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

They can only release so many '4's. The iPhone 4 is nicknamed the 4G since it's the 4th generation.

13. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

The wait might of been a tad bit longer then the usual, but Steve Jobs said it himself at the iP4 keynote that 'We think this will set the standard for the next few years'. That was basically a foreshadow saying Apple expected the iPhone four to outlast the extended wait and it certainly did/still does.

14. Illumination macrumors regular

By consumers. It's called the '4' by Apple. '4G' stands for, well, 4G. Maybe the iPhone LTE? Of course I also see your point, especially with that survey a while ago where like 42% of iPhone 4 users mistakenly thought their phone was 4G capable.

15. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

And the iPhone 4 has received the most negative publicity, an iPhone ever received. WSJ also said that the iPhone 4 design "fell out of favor" by Apple execs.

The only reason the iPhone 4 is doing so well, is because it's an iPhone. If HTC, Samsung or Motorola released the same thing, it would've been a failed product.

If the probable rumors of the iPhone 5 don't come true, then this will indeed be very sad in my eyes.

16. Bkfraiders7 macrumors member

So basically your telling him because Jobs hinted that the iPhone 4 was to be a standard, never referring to what part was a standard, that such a long wait is not unacceptable to him and that his opinion is false?

17. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

[​IMG]

Specs wise:

4" Screen
    A5 processor
    HSPA+
    Elongated Home Button (With Magic Pad abilities)

18. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

No ones opinion is false. I was just saying that from the very begging Apple hinted that this was going to be a new era for the iPhone with new rules.

19. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Well get in line for the Prime..ur not getting flash support, 4G LTE is highly doubtful (although I'm still holding out hope myself), 4" screen is a little more realistic and I think theirs a good chance....BUT u just ruined ur whole post by asking for a better then retina display. So if u got a 4" retina screen on the new iPhone 5, you'd get the Prime because the display wasn't good enough with standard retina properties? It doesn't even make sense.

20. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Didn't Adobe say that they would update Flash to support iOS devices?

21. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

But look at the progress of other, non-apple devices over this past year+. They've come a long way. And for really the first time in iPhone history, it has some serious competition. And I'm saying that with the opinion that the Andriod OS is just horrible. But there are millions of people out there that have either: a) never owned an iOS device to appreciate the simplistic radical difference form Android. Or: b) are not tech savvy enough to know or even care which OS is better. It's those people that Apple has to suck in with a beautiful new design.

What I'm saying is that when SJ referred to iPhone 4 as "the new standard" I'm pretty sure he said those words because some apple keynote writer, wrote them down...and im sure he really did feel that way. But the times they are a changin (bob dylan). And I hardly think he was being totally literal in saying "for the next few years".

As Peter Brady would say.."when it's time to change, you've got to rearrange" (or something like that)

22. Ayman250 macrumors member

Ayman250

People can't honestly expect little improvement. Apple and it's iPhone are know for being innovative and (upon release) ahead of the curve. With new phones like the nexus prime Apple can't afford to place all its bets on the iPhone name. Consumers are gaining more knowledge and will not simply buy something because it has a nice apple logo. In order to compete in the market the iPhone 5 needs to step it up. It simply can't be outdated before it's even released.

23. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

After the Gizmodo mess with the iPhone 4 Apple has turned up the security and is using the "rumor mill" to their advantage this time around. They have all of us so confused that we ( thought some would lie and claim otherwise ) have no idea what they are up to is time.

What I hope is included is a slightly larger screen. Not jumbo Android big, 4 inches would be fine. It can even be the same iPhone 4 case but just edge to edge. Lastly a real good camera, would be nice. Not 8MP just to have a bigger number than the past version. But a really improved, leave the point n shoot at home, camera.

24. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

What I predict:
    -3.5" 960x640 display
    -A5 downclocked from the iPad version
    -16/32 GB capacity
    -Longer battery life
    -Improved camera
    -Improved front facing camera
    -Nuance voice features (technically software but I have a feeling they will be exclusive to the iPhone 5)
    -Notification light (possibly doubling as a light for the front facing camera)

After recent rumour these are the specs I predict, not by any means the ones I want though.

25. wovel macrumors 68000

Should get in line, and prepare to be massively disappointed by your prime. I hope you buy it ulocked.